Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting '62 GT Hawk on CL in Philadelphia (should be checked out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting '62 GT Hawk on CL in Philadelphia (should be checked out)

The car looks like it has a lot of potential. Good interior, little rust, engine complete and it has the title. All for $1000. (it was $1500 last week)

Are there any SDC members in the Philly that have checked this car out? It would be great to have someone get it. If I had a pole barn and did not live 900 miles away, I would be going bananas now.

I think I'd bump the antifreeze a few degrees lower.

Comment

Going to the crusher, sure not gonna get $1000.00 for the scrap, bet the price is very negotiable.

Comment

fred88, you may be right. I hope not, that seems like a good hunka car to work with.

Comment

My '50 Hudson looked similar when I picked it up and turned out to be in far better condition that I thought it would be. Hope someone in the Philly area checks it out.
          Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I'll bet that is a high-serial number (late production) 1962 model. It looks like many late 1962 Hawks we encountered when going through 1962 V8 production records looking for 1962 Lark Pace Cars years ago.

Many were equipped simply, just like that Hawk; few options with automatic transmission, a radio, and maybe power steering, like this one. Not much else. I think they were building a lot of them against no orders, for stock, with the Destination specified as South Bend / Lot 151...purgatory, so to speak. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I don't know about a late production, it is not a full flow block. Didn't they change at mid year.

Comment

Originally posted by TMAN0950 View Post
                I don't know about a late production, it is not a full flow block. Didn't they change at mid year.
                An excellent point, Terry. Good catch. (BTW, an oil filter was standard on all 1962 Hawks, regardless of oil filter type and day/month of production.)

I can't say when we started to notice the modestly-equipped Hawks, but your observation indicates this isn't one of them. We were only checking later production records, where we expected to find 1962 Lark Pace Cars and 500 Festival Cars. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Though I'm only an hour away, it would have to be FREE for me to venture into Philly to pick it up. Sure glad my parents moved outa there in '59 when I was four! I could use the power steering parts for a possible upgrade to my CHAMP. Hmmmm?????
                  JS
                  I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
                  X