62-63 Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: 62-63 Colors

I am a new owner of a 62 Regal Two door hardtop. Built late in the year, it has many 63 parts on it and I was wondering, before I get a production order with original color, if there was a Banana Cream color available in 63?

Thanks Tom

Not really. The only 1962 color that might be 'in the ballpark' is 'Desert Tan' (P-6215)
    Last edited by SN-60; 08-05-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the SDC Forum!

No matter how late in the (model) year it was assembled, it would not have the following model year parts on it. Some items get introduced during the model year and are correct for that model year.
      If you have a 1962 with 1963 parts, I would say that they were installed sometime in the past 52 years.
      What 1963 parts are you referring to?
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks Much. I've seen somewhere a Banana Cream Turismo and was told the company was experimenting with colors in 1964 and a few cars were custom shot. Oh well. I am really looking forward to my production order to answer lingering questions.

Comment

The '63 parts are: Grill insert, amber turn signals, full gage cluster, two stage master cylinder, black window crank knobs, black door lock knobs and a trunk lid that looks like it never had the V-8 ornament. All, including this Banana Cream color, looks original.
          To really be honest, these are all available parts while the '62 pieces are getting rare.

Comment

Be careful using the 1963 master cylinder.
            Read service bulletin D 1963-6 dated June 1963.
            This is important to all 1963 Larks with dual brake cylinder and no disk brakes.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Originally posted by Turismo Tom View Post
              The '63 parts are: Grill insert, amber turn signals, full gage cluster, two stage master cylinder, black window crank knobs, black door lock knobs and a trunk lid that looks like it never had the V-8 ornament. All, including this Banana Cream color, looks original.
              To really be honest, these are all available parts while the '62 pieces are getting rare.
              These are all things that are easily changed and are commonly changed.
              The other possibility is that you have a 1963 and not a 1962. What is the Serial Number and does it appear as undisturbed on the A-pillar?
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The Serial # is: 62V8429. Body Number is 256. Very early numbers but car was SOLD in 1963. The body shell id definitely 1962.

Comment

Working...
                X