New Brake Line Fittings - '63 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Brake Line Fittings - '63 Avanti

Replacing the brake lines on my '63 Avanti with cunifer (copper / nickel / iron). Can anyone tell me why the two fittings are different lengths, and which goes where? All the pre-flared lines are set up the same way.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cunifer brake lines.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1744409

I always assumed the longer one was in case it was in a recessed area a wrench could still get to it.but I never have worried where they end up,even if I should have ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I have found that some "Other Makes" have deeper Master Cylinder or Wheel Cylinder compression Nut locations apparently, because the line nuts for those on Newer Lines or Kits have more threads (longer) I think maybe this is what you are experiencing, and no it should not matter where they go on a Stude.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have in stock the correct 1/2 x 20 flare fitting that will accept the 3/16" line, to go directly into the M/C, eliminating any need for adapters. I also have the 9/16 x 18 fitting for the 3/16" line. Makes a much cleaner installation.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
        X