1965 283 accelerator springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 1965 283 accelerator springs

Would someone be kind enough to post a pic of the two accelerator springs (carb to engine block) on a '65 283? When I took the carb off for re-building, I foolishly thought that there would be a pic in one of the manuals showing where they go. Oops, can't find one, and I can't remember if they go to the same place or not.
    Thanks in advance!
    Wayne

I don't know how Stude did the springs when they used the Chevy motor, but Chevy had a "spring within a spring". They went from the throttle linkage to a bracket on the intake manifold...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
      I don't know how Stude did the springs when they used the Chevy motor, but Chevy had a "spring within a spring". They went from the throttle linkage to a bracket on the intake manifold...

Thanks! I assume, then, that both springs go to the same place on the Studie as well.

Comment

Bordeaux Daytona just published a great picture of the original 65 283 spring setup. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...eering-Factory

If you want to know what the total 283 setup looked like these are the best shots you will find. Bob

Comment

Thanks, I was going to post a link but you saved me the time. I wasn't sure if they had one spring but I thought our '65 had just one.

Comment

Thanks for the photos, gentlemen! It's interesting that there is a minor difference in my setup--there are two springs, and at the block end, rather than being attached to the oil breather pipe (if I'm seeing it correctly), there is a little welded tang right on the block itself. My S/N is C518092--the parts book doesn't refer to two different setups on the '65 but there are two on the '66. I guess they went with whatever McKinnon supplied!
            Thanks again for your information.
            Wayne

Comment

Working...
            X