new carb for 56 stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new carb for 56 stude

my husband is in heaven, next week he can get a brand new carb for his 56 stude. i think i am there with him because im getting rest of stuff to finish my camper with. doesnt look like i will taking glamper to car show this year. he has jury duty and its postponing the working on it. theres always next year. 58L packard is leaving us monday. guy from florida is coming to get it. we decided we didnt want to do another project car, there are too many projects going on right now. so we sold it.
    Last edited by studebakerjoe; 07-29-2014, 11:35 AM.

Hmm, a BRAND NEW Carb. what is this Studebaker a Six Cylinder? Or a V8 getting an Edelbrock AFB Clone 4 Barrel?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If memory serves- their '56 is a 'Vice' President.

StudeDave '57
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Perfect timing! I just purchased a 56 President and it needs a new 4 barrel carb. The car has not been run in years and it seems the carb is past the point of no return. Any suggestions on what type/brand to get? Thank you!
        1956 Studebaker President Classic

Member of the Studebaker Drivers Club

Member of the Antique Automobile Club of America, Sugarloaf Mountain Region Historian

Mt. Airy, Maryland

http://instagram.com/theorphanpresident/

www.saturdaythe14th.wordpress.com (Blog)

Comment

Originally posted by Geigs View Post
          Perfect timing! I just purchased a 56 President and it needs a new 4 barrel carb. The car has not been run in years and it seems the carb is past the point of no return. Any suggestions on what type/brand to get? Thank you!
          My suggestion is have your original carb. rebuilt, not just a "kit", by someone that has experience and is trusted with these units.
          Since your next question will be - Who?, I would say Dave T. from the SDC vendors list or Daytona Carb. Co. (not sure if name is correct).
          If it is truly "past the point of no return" (which I doubt if the car was running and especially if it runs at all now), I would suggest an Edelbrock (don't remember the model number). This will require a different manifold, machining of your existing manifold or an adapter.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yup, yup, yup, I agree with Gary! Dave Thibeault is the man to send it to! He did a beautiful job on the carb for my '56 Parkview!
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
            X