mint bullet nose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mint bullet nose

Was in uptown Hillsboro ( Ohio ) sitting at light at 62 and a car and trailer went thru with a bullet nosed Studebaker on it . Looked mint , a off white . Just wonder if it was someone on the site . Didn't have time to get a picture . It was heading west ( south in this area )
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Originally posted by rodnutrandy View Post
    It was heading west ( south in this area )
    West is South in Ohio? Is that a state law or a local ordinance? I know your mayor in Hillsboro is a bit whacky (Drew Hastings).
    John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Comment

yes he is . If you go to center of Hillsboro , 62 and 50 cross , You can take 50 east and west or 62 east and west . That is why I say 62 west ,south . here it runs from Columbus to Ripley at Ohio river .
      Randy Wilkin
      1946 M5 Streetrod
      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

I figured that there was a logical explanation, Randy. I just couldn't resist the urge to be a smart@ss. Sorry. I wish you had gotten a picture of the bullet nose. You don't see many white ones, for some reason.
        John
        1950 Champion
        W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
        Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
          I wish you had gotten a picture of the bullet nose. You don't see many white ones, for some reason.
          Honestly, the only white one I have ever seen was on the "You Bet Your Life" show starring Groucho Marx. They had one on live TV on stage and they did the commercial right there. That was pretty much the way commercials were done back then. Since it was in B&W I am only guessing it was white.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

When I was in High school a freind of mine had a white 4 dr. Looked more light gray than white but pretty sure it was white when new.

Comment

this might have been more a cream color , I was in shock that a Studebaker was passing by !
              Randy Wilkin
              1946 M5 Streetrod
              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

rodnutrandy . . . how is Drew as a Mayor? Know him from the Bob & Tom radio show!

Comment

He has kept the spending down ,but has riled a lot of people . I live 3 miles out of town ,so don't have anything in the hunt . We have had worse and more than likely better mayors. Going back to 62 , see if this makes any sense to the east west north south question http://www.usends.com/60-69/062/062.html
                  Randy Wilkin
                  1946 M5 Streetrod
                  Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

As far as West being South, we have a similar but opposite situation here in Baton Rouge. If you take "I-10 East" you will be heading due South to New Orleans.
                    Manuel J. Martinez
                    Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

All you folks back there will have no problem negotiating the streets of Bakersfield CA............

Comment

Working...
                      X