Early Lark Windshield Washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Lark Windshield Washers

Anyone have photos of the windshield washer nozzles used on early Larks? I would like to install some but need to know what they look like as part numbers suggest that they are unavailable so some period correct might have to do. If anyone knows of some for sale please let me know.

Also, if anyone has a copy of the original install sheet so I can get the location correct that would be a great help.

Thanks, Len.

early ones (pre 61 before cowl grilles) had the same nozzles as the Hawks, used the manual foot pump bellows and the bag mounted on the firewall. (Or battery as the case may be)
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I have some N.O.S. ones and possibly an original instruction sheet (will have to check).

Chris
      STUDEBAKER of AUSTRALIA

Comment

Here are the ones on my 61,

Comment

As mentioned in Post #2, the '61 and on are completely different. The '60 and earlier and all C &K are tiny chrome hex nuts with a adjustable ball swivel nozzle.

Enlarge twice and look very closely here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	100,000th '59 Lark delivery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1691538 Mr. Harold Churchill looks exceedingly happy! After all, It IS the 100,000th '59 Lark!

He SHOULD be Proud, he is the "Father" of the Lark, just as my Hero Sherwood Egbert was to the Avanti

Lol, I think BOTH the 2nd. & 3rd. Guys from the Left are looking right at that tiny nozzle wondering "what the?" ...

There is one also on the Left inboard of the Wiper the same distance, just harder to see.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 07-28-2014, 06:04 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks StudeRich, that's what I was looking for. Now I just have to get some. I thought they would have been on the hood but they are up into the cowl. Wow. I would not have done that but I guess it worked.

Comment

On a related note, does anyone have pics/diagrams of the correct location of the bracket for the washer bag on a '59 Lark so equipped and the routing of the corresponding hoses?
              Thanks...

Comment

I have plenty of N.O.S nozzles here if anyone is looking for them.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
                X