Drove two today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drove two today!

As I type this we are getting violent lightning and thunder but, earlier, we had a car show and cruise to benefit the Youth Service Bureau in town. There is a judged show they call the "Best of the Best" featuring 75 invited vehicles based upon previous awards in other shows. Then, for two hours, the police ignore the local anti-cruising ordinance and vehicles of all descriptions come out of the woods to cruise up and down a sixteen block area of town.
    I didn't get my first place at Dover in time to get an invite to the "Best of the Best" but, I did make five circuits of town in the '53, and then went home and took the '51 in to town for a couple more circuits. Since I tend to drive these, both were soiled for a competition but, in motion on the street a lot of pictures were being taken. Only two Studebakers seen all day and...both were mine!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

You have a driveable, presentable, '53 and a '51???

WOW...
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

That's great!
      I was at a local cruise-in with my '50 Commander on Sunday and a friend who owns a Pierce Arrow came by to chat. He normally comes to the event every year as do I but he could not keep his Arrow running this time. I told him if that happens again to give me a call. He can come by my place and drive my '61 Champ to the show and I'd have 2 vehicles there. As usual, I was the only Studebaker there so having my truck there would have been fun. Poor George. I hope he gets his Arrow back on the road soon. It is a beauty!
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Well done. And good for the police to show some "discretion".
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
        X