56 golden hawk 2 x 4 manifold and 2 4 barrel carter carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 golden hawk 2 x 4 manifold and 2 4 barrel carter carbs

Was interested in knowing how much this set up would sell for?

Packard never installed Carter carbs when they used that manifold on '55-'56 Caribbeans, so right away it isn't worth what it would be if it still had the matched Rochester carbs on it. Still, it's a fairly rare piece, and if the manifold isn't cracked, and the Carter WCFB carbs are in good condition, the price spread would be $500 to $2500 dollars. The 'real piece of gold' seems to be the 'Batwing' Caribbean air cleaner assy that originally came on the dual carb setup....many of those were 'junked' back in the fifties and sixties, and one in mint shape can bring $2000 to $5000. Really depends how bad someone thinks they need one!

Comment

Ed, I'm not sure, but I think Packard used Carters in 55, and Rochester 4GC's in 56.
      There has been a dual setup here in St. Louis for a while on Craigslist. They are asking $750 no mention of air cleaner.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        Ed, I'm not sure, but I think Packard used Carters in 55, and Rochester 4GC's in 56.
        There has been a dual setup here in St. Louis for a while on Craigslist. They are asking $750 no mention of air cleaner.
        I'm relatively certain the Caribbean 2x4 carbs were Rochester in both '55 and '56. There's no mention of Carter carbs in any of the 2x4 Caribbean specifications.

The Chevy and Mopar 2x4 got the WCFB and the Packard and Cadillac had the Rochester 4Jet.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Working...
        X