Rear Seat Speaker Grill Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Seat Speaker Grill Color

On my 65 Commander, was the rear seat speaker grille painted to match the color of the car, or left gray as it came out of the NOS package (thanks to Stude1964)? Thanks guys.

Nate

Depends on who did the installation. rear seat speakers were installed by the dealer, not the factory. That means a good amount of variability is to be expected.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

1561129 Speaker Grille does not show a "P" for prime after the Part number as the '60-'63 does, also no "Screen" and "Bezel" is listed.
      That tells me it is not dull Prime, but Gray gloss finish Paint and includes or is part of the Rim for '64-'66 F,Y and J Models.

Even though Gray may be correct, I would make it the same color as the Cardboard Shelf Liner which is Interior Color, not necessarily a match though.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yea, the screen is all that covers the speaker and is a grey paint. I have a red interior - where can I get the correct paint color?

Comment

You will have to choose a "close" Red spray paint at a Paint Store, Hardware, WalMart, Auto Parts Store etc.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rear speaker kit on ebay, not mine.

Comment

Yea I saw that. Fortunately, Stude1964 got me all the parts I need. Wouldn't mind having the manual though...

Comment

Working...
              X