need a '60 Champ air cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a '60 Champ air cleaner

I need a decent air cleaner for my '60 champ. It has the big six in it and a cheezy little aftermarket air cleaner that keeps coming off. The original with the long horn over the engine would be fine, if I can get the mounting bracket with it (or even a schematic thereof so I can make it myself).

Anyone have one they would be willing to part with?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Does this have the 1-bbl carb?
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Probably had the oil bath barrel type air cleaner that was common on the six cylinder engines - something similar to the one below.

Comment

Champ 245's had a very simple open Element, non-silenced base & lid Dry type with a screw clamp very much like a aftermarket one.

You probably HAVE the Original, tighten the Clamp.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I can tell you tomorrow. I have to go to my storage shed. Not many Champs with the 245 in them in 1960. I have #10 off the line. I restored mine way back in the 70s. Showed it until the insurance company told me that if it got wrecked that it was only worth salvage value and engine parts were few and far between. I loved driving that little truck. It has the side mount tire. It has more torque than the 259 V8.

Comment

Originally posted by John8E40 View Post
            I can tell you tomorrow. I have to go to my storage shed. Not many Champs with the 245 in them in 1960. I have #10 off the line. I restored mine way back in the 70s. Showed it until the insurance company told me that if it got wrecked that it was only worth salvage value and engine parts were few and far between. I loved driving that little truck. It has the side mount tire. It has more torque than the 259 V8.
            I still have the 5E6 long Bed that my Dad sold new, to himself in late 1960.
            It has said Air Cleaner, the Standard one.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              I still have the 5E6 long Bed that my Dad sold new, to himself in late 1960.
              It has said Air Cleaner, the Standard one.
              This post is worthless without a large number of photos Or links to photos (can never see enough Champs...)

Comment

Working...
              X