PDA

View Full Version : Interior: instument bexel

T.J. lavallee
07-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Due to surface rust on my speedo and temp housing bezel I removed the speedometer and temp gauges on my 59 lark so I could polish the rust off the bezel. I then carefully removed what I thought was a metal mesh grid only to have it break into a hundred pieces. The darn thing is plastic! Since I never was any good at assembling puzzles I wonder if anyone out there might have a good one? This Arizona heat dry rots everything that's not metal. Couldn't find anything at SI. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....T.J.

Warren Webb
07-21-2014, 09:41 PM
This would be a good thing to reproduce with one of the 3-d printers! Top it off with the spray on chrome that was shown recently on Jay Leno's Garage & one would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

T.J. lavallee
07-21-2014, 09:46 PM
Not sure how that works but I've heard of this...but don't you need the original to make a copy or do you just re-design it on the computer? Sounds interesting.

63t-cab
07-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Switch over to General Forum,there's a 60 Lark Wagon being parted out.

Due to surface rust on my speedo and temp housing bezel I removed the speedometer and temp gauges on my 59 lark so I could polish the rust off the bezel. I then carefully removed what I thought was a metal mesh grid only to have it break into a hundred pieces. The darn thing is plastic! Since I never was any good at assembling puzzles I wonder if anyone out there might have a good one? This Arizona heat dry rots everything that's not metal. Couldn't find anything at SI. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....T.J.

T.J. lavallee
07-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Switch over to General Forum,there's a 60 Lark Wagon being parted out.

thanks you, sir for the lead.....T.J.:ohmy:

Deaf Mute
07-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Chris has been finding parts that SI didn't know they had... call, they might actually have one in stock.

GTCruiser
07-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Just finished what you were doing with the gauge bezels and also used the spray on chrome on a '63 Champ. Have a leftover plastic mesh and you can have it. Only one crack at bottom of the grid which gluing from behind it will hide. If the other leads don't work send me a PM and I'll mail it to you for free.

dpson
07-23-2014, 07:50 PM
I thought the 59 Lark instrument "mesh" was metal and it was changed to a plastic mesh in 1960, which was chromed (at least on the higher trim models).

The same mesh was used on the T-cab trucks, but it was painted, not chrome.

Other thoughts?