NAPA 11149 brake hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAPA 11149 brake hose

I'm working on the brakes on my '63 Avanti R1...I looked up the NAPA part number for the front brake hoses from the www.studebaker-info.org 1964 NAPA parts list...I had my local NAPA store order me the 11149 brake hoses...They came in this morning, but the new hoses have a male end on one end and a female end on the other...The hose I took off has female ends on both ends...Does anyone have a NAPA or AutoZone part number for this hose the would have the female ends on both ends ?...Thanks.

Have you checked page eleven of Nate Nagel's interchange list?

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks !!!...It gives a different number for disc brake cars so I called NAPA and they checked the specs...It has female ends on both ends...They ordered me a pair, so we shall see...Disc brake number is UBP36614

Comment

The Studebaker vendors carry these hoses and Jim Turner makes them up new.

The cost of your time, both in $$ and in frustration in getting the wrong parts is something to consider also.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks for the update. I amended the file..
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Yes, I can make them up, pressure tested to 3200 psi for 15 seconds, (DOT standards are 1500 psi for 15 seconds)
            Be sure to check the dates on the hose! The date, and manufacturer (per DOT) must be imprinted on the hose approx. every 6 inches!
            The hose that I have now is dated 2-14 and is made by BrakeQuip or Goodyear I don't recall which one)

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Thanks 52 Ragtop
              The hose I took off is dated 07/18/1988, so it was time to replace it.
              I'm going to put new ones on, but if this doesn't fix it I think I will put one of your kits on.
              If I brought the car to you, could you install the kit for me ?
              I'd be willing to pay extra for your labor, of course.
              fstst56

Comment

Working...
              X