Duane Miller's '53 to adorn tool boxes everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duane Miller's '53 to adorn tool boxes everywhere

Last week I ordered some stuff from Rockauto.com. Carb kit for a marvel-schleber carb (for a '48 moline Z tractor), and some brake parts for my own '53. I have a Ford Maverick rear end in my car and over the winter one of the wheel cylinders made a puddle on the garage floor. The drum on that side tends to get stuck on the axle flange and this time I bent it getting it off. Decided to just get 2 new drums, wheel cylinders, shoes, and a spring kit. I'd previously cheaped out on this and just had the drums dusted off and put new seals in the cylinders from the junkyard axle.

Maybe I will get this car out of the garage after a year(!) and be at the zone meet in WI this September....

Any rate, the parts came in 3 shipments and the last box was on my porch when I got home from work today.

As folks who order from Rockauto will know, they usually toss in a tool box or garage beer fridge magnet featuring a customer's car.

Got one in the first box the other day and was surprised to find a 2nd one lurking almost un-noticed in the box I got today. Glad I spotted it.

Congratulations Duane!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Duanes 53 A.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1744330

Click image for larger version

Name:	Duanes 53 B.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1744329

Jeff in ND

Cool beans, Duane. Congratulations. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Jeff, those magnets are intended for covering rust holes in old cars.
      Send in a photo of your Studebaker and the Moline too, and maybe they will be applied to future magnets. I hope to see you in September!
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I have received several boxes of parts from Rock Auto over the past couple of months. Each box had from one to three of those car magnets in them. I have not been lucky enough to receive any Studebaker magnets yet.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks guys! The only parts from Rock Auto on the '53 are the lug nuts & the electric fuel pump I use to prime it.. but I got a bunch of magnets and every once in a while someone who knows me tell me they now have my car in their possession.
          NEAT!
          The magnet also works on hotel room doors, so you can find your room down a long hall. The hotel in Dover had composite doors, so it was on my door frame there.
          See you in Menomonie in September!

Comment

Nice! That's pretty cool no matter how you slice it.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

That is great exposure for the Marque. Too cool!
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
              X