Looking for a carb spacer for my 52 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Looking for a carb spacer for my 52 Champion

Does anyone know where I can find a good single bll carb heat dissipating spacer for my 52?
    I havent had much luck looking on line as yet.

Any links would be helpful.
    Edsel
    I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
    sigpic
    I'll Tattoo you anytime!
    And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
    Crazy Lady Ink
    Shakopee Mn.
    952-445-3281
    27 years in the tattooing biz

A few gaskets stacked up would be a bit of help. Check Fairborn Studebaker, Phil Harris. Not too many racing single bbls, but ya never know. Good luck.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I would NOT stack a "bunch" of gaskets. Why...they crush. The aluminum ears on the carb. base will....bend...then break, as you tighten.
      Whittle out a piece "hard" wood, phenolic if you can find some, plastic is another good material.
      Make it at least 1/2" thick.

Get out that drill motor and file...!

Mike

Comment

Plastic might soften and melt just over the heat riser like it is a hard silicon might be a great answer if I can find something to use.
        sigpic
        I'll Tattoo you anytime!

Crazy Lady Ink
        Shakopee Mn.
        952-445-3281

Comment

No, delrin is a good high heat material. Some of the nylons are also good around elevated temperatures. Plus, there will be a gasket as the first defence against the heat anyway. Been there..!
          What-ever you use, you need to block off any direct exhaust gasses from entering the carb. heat area. Indirect heat with a normal gasket in place...all will be fine.
          There's no such thing as a hard silicone...by nature, it's a somewhat soft material.

I don't give advice that I haven't done or seen first hand...!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
            No, delrin is a good high heat material. Some of the nylons are also good around elevated temperatures. Plus, there will be a gasket as the first defence against the heat anyway. Been there..!
            What-ever you use, you need to block off any direct exhaust gasses from entering the carb. heat area. Indirect heat with a normal gasket in place...all will be fine.
            There's no such thing as a hard silicone...by nature, it's a somewhat soft material.

I don't give advice that I haven't done or seen first hand...!

Mike
            Thanks Mike!
            sigpic
            I'll Tattoo you anytime!

Crazy Lady Ink
            Shakopee Mn.
            952-445-3281

Comment

Tat, I bought a sheet of phenolic for just dollars off Amazon and after making a paper diagram cut the phenolic sheet out on the jig saw. Phenolic is what the FOMOCO used for spacers on Lincolns.
              1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

Might work...

Or......

Free Shipping - OMIX-ADA Carburetor Gaskets with V-Brackets with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Carburetor Base Plate Gaskets at Summit Racing.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                X