Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Brake Lights

Good Morning,
    Last week I was cleaning my 64 Wagonaire with the drivers door open, dome light was on. Then the dome light went out, checked the bulb, it's ok. Then I checked for brake lights, none, tail and blinker lights work. The brake light switch is ok. Is there a inline fuse? The steering column has a small block on it, it has 3,or 4 wires going in or out, could that be the fuse block and could that be shot? Don't want to drive her without brake lights. Any info will be helpful. Steve

There is no "fuse block" on Studebakers.

Check the brake light switch, which is hydraulically operated and is on the brake line plumbing.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Try a light pressure crimp around the wire barrel contacts at the brake light switch in order to make tighter contact with the switch terminals.

Comment

On a '63 there is a fuse block with (I think) two fuses and the turn signal flasher. Under the dash hear the steering column and hard to see if you haven't found it before.

Comment

Working...
        X