Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

49 studebaker rear differential, new brakes, parking brake FOR SALE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle: 49 studebaker rear differential, new brakes, parking brake FOR SALE!!!

Hey guys,

I'm doing a complete drive train swap on my studebaker pickup. and i have the original rear for sale.

The rear is in really good condition. We DID NOT open up the rear and look at the gears, but everything was really smooth. It does leak a little oil, but that could just be a new seal or gasket. I'm sure it needs it, its been garage kept for over ten years, and was barely even started.

the bad/unknown: again we did not look at the internal workings to see if there are any problems, but again it seems to turn and work smoothly.

The good. Everything is complete, nothing robbed, or missing. the universal joint is in good shape.

The extras! Brakes have been completely redone!!! The Drums have been turned and painted. There is BRAND NEW shoes from Studebaker international (retail for $60-$100). All the springs, and moving parts have been gone over. The Parking/emergency brake cable is intact and in great shape. It also has completely rebuilt wheel cylinders, with new bleeder valves, new springs, new rubber and the insides were honed smooth. Also there is new brake line installed wheel to wheel into the "T" connector.

We had intentions of using the trucks rear, until we did a SBC motor swap, then we just used the entire Chevy drive-train. So we are looking to get rid of this rear.

Would be a great item for a truck that is missing a rear, or your rear is shot. Also a great parts piece possibly.
    Or even a great rear for a hot rod, rat rod project. It should be a relatively good strong durable rear, since Studebaker made these trucks for farming and hauling.

I don't have measurements handy but they would be no problem to get if you need something feel free to contact me and i'll get them for you. I know the Wheel bolt pattern is a standard 5x5 lug pattern.
    Also the tag on the rear if i can make it out says "W 53/11"

Will ship freight price will be calculated if intertested and address is given, more than welcome to come pick it up too (preferred) . Keep in mind with packaging materials and rear it will be almost 250 pounds and 6 ft. by 2ft. By 2 ft.

At this point i just want to get rid of it, i'm not looking to get rich off it. its taking up space in the gargage. So Shoot me a reasonable offer and maybe it can be yours!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1744319Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1744320Click image for larger version

Name:	005 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1744321

It's a 4.81 ratio. It would be helpful to know what size engine was in the truck; Champion six or Commander six.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

It is the smaller of the 2

Comment

Working...
      X