No announcement yet.

Original seat belt anchors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Original seat belt anchors?

I'm just wondering if the seat belt anchors in my 1964 Wagonaire are the originals. If so, does anyone reproduce them now?
    Attached Files

They appear to be original -- they're the correct style. SI sells belts that are similar in design to those in your 64, though I don't know if they use the same design of anchor.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Those belts in your car are correct. I believe Hickock made them. I'd have to check my stock. I don't know of any source for the eye bolts that hold them in. The belts from SI bolt in with hex bolts. The seat belt tops are flush with no inset for the decal. They are "original appearing".

Comment

Thanks for helping me with this. What a great bunch of guys that share their knowledge with the rest of us not so brights!

Comment

Years ago I used to buy 2 additional SI belts, and double up on the inboard eyes, to provide for 6 occupants.
          My original straps are a courser weave, and my SI ones (themselves getting pretty old by now), are a smoother weave.
          Any chance that dark stitching means somebody re-sewed later ones so as to use the original, 2 piece, "hooks"?
          As noted, the answer in in the buckles, and perhaps in the presence of the cloth Hickok label.

Comment

These are the current anchors sold with the SI belts:

Pretty long bolt end

Comment

Thanks again to all for your help. The pictures are a great help. Looks like SI has anchors pretty close to the originals. If mine aren't original they must be pretty close.

Love the Forum!

Comment

Working...
              X