Seal and Bearing instlallation tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle: Seal and Bearing instlallation tool

Re: my 57 Commander V8 rear axle inner seal and bearing replacement. Just wanted to share what I used to seat the inner axle seal and bearing race for those thinking they need a special tool. I used a 5" piece of PVC pipe reducer that was 2 1/4" on one end and 2 3/4" on the other, placed a block of wood on the end and tapped with a small sledge hammer. The seal and the race seated perfectly and easily. Hope this helps someone.

rear seal/bearing

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
    Re: my 57 Commander V8 rear axle inner seal and bearing replacement. Just wanted to share what I used to seat the inner axle seal and bearing race for those thinking they need a special tool. I used a 5" piece of PVC pipe reducer that was 2 1/4" on one end and 2 3/4" on the other, placed a block of wood on the end and tapped with a small sledge hammer. The seal and the race seated perfectly and easily. Hope this helps someone.
    I can share your endeavour I did the same thing by turning a round piece of wood on my lathe size for size and tapped the seal in square to it's seat great minds think alike. David

Comment

Thanks David

Comment

Working...
      X