PDA

View Full Version : Josephine sneaked out...

Nox
07-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Since I can't post or write on the racing site anymore I'm telling it here.
(Josephine has been having big problems with running on all cylinders but today I stripped & cleaned the carb & she got mighty happy again.)
So I took her out on a real road for the first time & GEE how she MOVES!!!
She's been of the road for 30 years before I got her so this was a bit making history for me & her & she took of like a rocket!
Just a wee bit of extra pressure on the pedal & she spinns the tires & shoots away...
(There was only one bad thing: 4 days ago I forgot the camera in a friends glovebox so now it's 700 km's away = no pic & no film. :( )
The road is quite long, it's industrial area, but it wasn't long enough & I only made one fast turn since she don't even have lisenceplates, naughty me...
So now I feel about as light as a feather! :)
She's ready for the final test & registration!!!
Pew...

8E45E
07-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Is Josephine a Comet?

Craig

dean pearson
07-07-2014, 11:37 PM
I Just Have To Know Why They Don't Like You On The Racing Sure Any More???

Dean.

Nox
07-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Don't know if I'm not actually LET in, it's just that I seldom can get in & even read & look - there's some "HostlCan l Error 403" turning up mostly & it's been going on for quite a long time now, so long that I forgot my password & when I had a new one it didn't work anyway... :(
So I can very seldom even go in & read, not funny when it's my main car-interest.

& Craig: no, I had a few Ford's buy never a Comet! :) ...she's a -55 4-door sedan that's gonna be my daily driver for the rest of my hopefully looong life.
There's a thread on the racing forum 'bout her, pix & all, troubles & solutions but not the end of the story - as if there would be any soon?
In the future I'm just hoping to replace the 318, 904 & 8,1/4 with 360, 727 & 8,3/4 but now there's gonna be A LOT of driving first...
Here she is with my son Mowitz who "only" could find his pirate-gun that day...

Nox
07-08-2014, 05:32 PM
...& oh yeah, the problem is only when I'm in Holland - in Sweden it's totally (!) impossible to get in at all.

allstudedude
07-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Don't know if I'm not actually LET in, it's just that I seldom can get in & even read & look - there's some "HostlCan l Error 403" ..............
Hi NOX,

It's due to your location, the host at the racing site blocks all IPs from "suspect" countries. I have the same problem from Australia because all our international traffic is routed through Asia. Apparently, Asia is a "suspect" area? Try using a proxy server.

Nox
07-10-2014, 03:21 AM
As I've understand a lot of spam comes from the east of Europe & the western Europe gets kinda drawn into it among the way.
I wasn't affected by it before my old computer died but with this new one it's quite anoying bigtime.