62 GT Hawk trunk lid, what years fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 GT Hawk trunk lid, what years fit

I sent out my trunk lid to be sand blasted, don't ever do that. It is so warped now I can't use it. What years are the same. Is it the same as say a 1957 Hawk? Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by TMAN0950 View Post
    I sent out my trunk lid to be sand blasted, don't ever do that. It is so warped now I can't use it. What years are the same. Is it the same as say a 1957 Hawk? Thanks for your help.
    Yes. You can use 'most any 1953-1964 C or K body deck lid in that opening.

'Sorry about the sandblasting experience. It's not for large panels! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The "key release" area is different; '53 to '56 use the large release, '57 to '64 use the small keyhole. I think that's it except for "styling differences".
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

The vendor that I used to sand blast parts for my GH refused to do the deck lid and hood.
        He referred me another vendor that specializes in chemically stripping the pieces.
        The pieces came out fantastic, and for a lower price than if the blaster would have done.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I now know what to look for and I will start today.

Comment

The 64 trunk lid was smooth all the way down the out-side contour & did not have provision for the aluiminium panel so applied,

otherwise from 53 on they akk will work with some mods

Comment

The '56 Hawk trunk lid had a different pattern by the key area.

The '57 to '63 Hawk trunk lid (steel) is the same, but the '62 and '63 had the ribs covered with the aluminum inlay.

The 1964 trunk lid was smooth.

All will fit the opening ('53 to '64), but the latches and exterior trim will differ.
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
              X