PDA

View Full Version : Which car won Best of Division, Class 3, Larks at Dover?

studefan
07-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Does anyone recall which car won Best of Division in the Lark class, (Div 3)? Thanks

LarkTruck
07-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Does anyone recall which car won Best of Division in the Lark class, (Div 3)? Thanks

Sorry I can't help you Jeff. Not showing a car at the meet, Judy and I left Friday morning as well. We have to fix that issue at the next I.M. we attend, which, Good Lord willing, will be S.B. '17.
It sure would be nice if the Meet Committee would post all the results here, but?
Jim

stude1964
07-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Jeff
I can't help you either on the judging as I too had to leave Friday AM. I helped out the judges by having my '64 wagon "For Display Only". Your '64 R-2 HT was probably the most correct and authentically restored in your class. I hope I'm right!
Rob in PA

raoul5788
07-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Jeff, if your '64 didn't win, there should be an investigation! :) That car is gorgeous!

Deaf Mute
07-07-2014, 07:23 PM
We may have to wait until we see it in TURNING WHEELS!
Never did hear a "people count" either.

stupak
07-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Jeff: I can't answer your question but there were 9 cars in that division. There were 8 First Place and 1 Best of Division. I know that is impossible but you had to see the judging there. UGH! stupak

PS: In one of the modified classes, there were 8 or 9 Best of Divisions, if that tells you something!

studefan
07-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Thanks stupak. There were 3 rows of about 15 Larks each for a total of maybe 40 Larks on the show field. Are you saying that only 9 of the 40 were judged? Thanks

MJHenning
07-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Never did hear a "people count" either.

From the 550 rooms at DDH&C, and the 5 primary back-up hotels (which all had interactive workings with DDH&C for this Meet, and always work hand in hand with DDH&C for NASCAR weekends) I was given an official headcount of just over 1750 people from 15 different countries, at the 6 hotels, staying under the Studebaker room block. This does not include the people that just came for a day looking for that special part they needed, those that stayed at a different hotel, or the general public that just came to "check us out".

From the non-SDC on-lookers we picked up over a dozen new SDC memberships, and 3 new DelMarVa Studebaker Club memberships. And so many of the old-timer SDC'ers frowned upon our INSISTANCE in opening the entire Meet up to the general public....

MJHenning