Dover Car Count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dover Car Count?

Anyone know how many cars were on the show field on Thursday? Any pictures from an elevated position that shows the entire field?

Thanks
    Wayne
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

I believe at the banquet they said there were 255 cars on the concours. I didn't get an elevated picture.
    sigpic
    1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

In one of the eleventeen Dover threads....The total car count, and the judged car count was given.
      Betcha a donut you can find the info in less than an hour.
      Good luck!
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        In one of the eleventeen Dover threads....
        Is that all? BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

As of 730 am on Wednesday, 243 cars and trucks were registered, of which 134 were to be judged and 109 were display only. Another 12 vehicles registered on Wednesday for a total of 255. A few did not show up on the field for whatever reason, possibly the threatening weather (Arthur) and the heat and humidity.

We actually expected to have more registrations. Any thoughts on this? My guess is attendance was held down by this being the week of 7/4, with attendant traffic worries and other activities going on at home. By the way, I have not heard of folks running into bad traffic, but I'm sure there are some stories out there.

Comment

average age of attendee: my guess is north of 60. Average driving time/distance.....> 100 miles. Likelihood the Stude crowd is a mostly traditional group of folks that want to celebrate with family and local parade/fireworks/flags.....very good. Best price for rooms/host hotel/ and other amenities due to holiday season and all the above.....probably good too. End result: probable lower turnout than if any other summer weekend save Labor Day...

Comment

Usually when the meet is on a coast th numbers are down. All the big meets are in the center of the country. I remember at the Dearborn Mi meet they said that 75% of SDC members live within a 200 mile radius of Detroit.... That meet set a recorded for cars on the show field.......guess they knew what they were talking about.
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                Usually when the meet is on a coast th numbers are down. All the big meets are in the center of the country. I remember at the Dearborn Mi meet they said that 75% of SDC members live within a 200 mile radius of Detroit.... That meet set a recorded for cars on the show field.......guess they knew what they were talking about.
                How many were there in Dearborn?
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                  How many were there in Dearborn?
                  According to President John Begian's report of the 1995 Dearborn SDC Meet, SDC's 31st, there were exactly 400 cars on the show field; 287 were Judged and 113 were for Display. From the November 1995 Turning Wheels. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I thought Gettysburg, 1980 was bigger?

Comment

The date kept me from attending . Cannot speak for others

Take care

George o

Comment

I thought Lancaster in 2008 was a lot bigger.
                        Chip
                        '63 Cruiser
                        '57 Packard wagon
                        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Quick math says 72 percent of the Studes at Dearborn were judged, compared to 55 percent at Dover. That's quite a decline. Wonder why.

Comment

We drove in from Northwest Indiana in a 51 with no air. We will never do this again this time of year, it is just to hot!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                              Quick math says 72 percent of the Studes at Dearborn were judged, compared to 55 percent at Dover. That's quite a decline. Wonder why.
                              People are learning to enjoy their cars, Joe. BP

Comment

Working...
                              X