PDA

View Full Version : I sure did miss a great meet at Dover I guess

Ken Stewart
07-05-2014, 06:40 AM
The week before I was at the Ford V-8 National meet and had my 50 Crestliner there. I could not afford both meets this year. Now next year I will be at the Studebaker meet with my 39 Commander 2 door sedan. I need to learn about the classes and judging so I can decide what class the 39 will be in. It is a original car unrestored in very good shape. Where will be the meet next year be. Were there many 39 Commander at the meet. By the way how do the classes go anyway. I want to sign up early so I can get a room at the hotel if that possible. I am new and have never been to a Studebaker meet. I have always been a Ford man. My Ford buddies gave me two burlap sacks so we can wear over our heads so no one would know us. Nothing like good friends? They like playing with me. I told them I was stepping up in class of cars. When they drove the Studebaker they were impressed with the way it drives. That about it for now so any information about the meets let me know. I do enjoy reading about the meet at Dover.

studefan
07-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Ken, that's a beautiful car. Is that actually the original paint and chrome from the factory?

Chris Pile
07-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Ken - the next International Meet will be in St. Louis. If your '39 is original, I'd say put in the survivor class.

avantilover
07-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Ken, that car would have been great alongside the 1941's and 1930's vehicles.

Search for gateway chapter of SDC, they're listed in the "clubs.hemmings.com" website

The booklet is available, I gave mine to Mark Wheeler of Cornerstone Registry who said they'll start processing them in August, the hotel is the Sheraton Westport Chalet in St. Louis, the gateway chapter will supply the weblink to get the club rate of $115 a night.

Meet me in St. Louis meet me at the fair, will be another great meet.

See you there.

Ken Stewart
07-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Yes the paint, interior and chrome is how it came from the factory. The car had always been in good hands. It sat from 1980 until I got it. I put new tires, rebuilt the generator, new voltage regulator, overdrive transmission [not installed yet], steering wheel and clean gas tank new gas filter. Still got a long way to go. Wipers, horn doesn't work yet. That one reason I did not go to Dover meet.

Ken Stewart
07-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Also need phone number of Host Hotel so I can book a room. What the date for the meet.

avantilover
07-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Also need phone number of Host Hotel so I can book a room. What the date for the meet.
314 878-1500
Hotel says August 15-23