Dash light wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Dash light wiring

On 62 Lark bodied cars the dash light wiring comes out of the headlamp switch. Are these a "push on" connector or the ends screwed into the headlamp switch including the ignition switch light? It's too hot for me to mess with it taking stuff apart right now so I'm asking here to save me the grief.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Warren,

I was under the dash of my 61 Lark last week, which I believe uses the same light switch as the 62, (no fun place to work, BTW) and from what I could tell the light switch wiring connectors are the push on type.

If your dash lights are not working it may be the dimmer unit within the light switch. With the parking lights on rotate the light switch handle back and forth a few times and it may clean up the contacts that will get the dash lights working again.

Hope that helps.

Dan
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Thanks Dan. I ended up disconnecting the switch from the dash & then was able to pull the wire out of the switch. Now to get the ignition switch back in the new bezel which has been giving me fits! I'm trying to get this done so the car can run again but the weather here has "cooled off" to only 90 degrees but it's still a bear for me!
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

....I just did all this this past week. I find it very helpful to remove the large gauges (cluster and/or speedo) for "better" access...but disconnect the battery before all. I just got a nasty forearm burn (electrical) due to not doing so...

Comment

Working...
        X