PDA

View Full Version : bay bridge toll to Dover

ken-renda
06-29-2014, 04:44 PM
I assume the Chesapeake Bay bridge is still a toll bridge, if so is it on "E-Z Pass" or do you wait in line to pay? Ken, Deltaville Va

ed ellis
06-29-2014, 05:28 PM
It has E-Z. Pass

rockne10
06-29-2014, 06:08 PM
It's getting hard to find toll plazas anymore without E-Z-Pass. It reduces the number of employees and is just about the major income enjoyed by IBM now that they no longer make PC's.

plwindish
06-29-2014, 07:49 PM
We came out to Dover from Chicago area and our I-Pass's worked great everywhere. I saw in a Ohio plaza that the EZPass system is accepted in 15 states. That's great but we'll get the surprise next month when we see the automatic deducts come in on the credit card bill. BTW, the Bay bride is quite the structure. Going to Dover after the bridge is a real hoot. I thought my Tom Tom changed over to the rural scenic route on me with some of the black tops it was guiding me down, but lo and behold, N Dupont appeared before us and Dover Downs complex! My wife was trailing me and in one small town, a horse drawn Amish type buggy came up behind her and the horse was waiting patiently for the light to change.

tomlewis
06-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Bay Bridge---$6.00 for car. $18.00 for pick-up pulling a 2-axle car trailer. That's a pretty sharp up-charge. No such thing as E-Z Pass where I come from. (no toll roads either) Tom

57pack
06-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Just paid $45.00 toll to leave Prince Edward Island via the Confederation Bridge.
Now that's a bridge'
Worth every penny for the look on my granddaughter's face when we visited the Ann Of Green-gables house!
Chip, I just put the motor and transmission in the chassis last Saturday. Finished rebuilding the front end as well. Making progress, slowly.

raoul5788
06-30-2014, 07:48 PM
Woo hoo! Keep it up Bill!