Fred and Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred and Buck

Old Fred on the right,and new Friend Buck on the left with Josh in the middleClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0193.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	1744221We bought the old Champ from the estate of Buck Buchanon. We named it in honor of Buck(RIP).We got it running and driving today.We had to find a radiator,get 15 gallons of water out of the gas tank,and replace some brake lines. The OHV 6 runs quiet and sweet,but it has a bad habit. It SMOKES!
    Josh had a good time riding around the farm in it today. Even gave it a bath.

We have got one more to get home from Florida. It's another Champ,but has no engine. Buck took it out and put it in a GT. It was a top line truck with V8,auto,A/C,and sliding rear window. We moved it away from Buck's place last week and left it in my Niece's yard She lives near Buck and I am her favioite Uncle.
    I think if I want to keep that status,I should move it SOON!
    Neil Thornton

Good on ya! Glad to see you're still movin 'em and saving them!
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

A Champ with an automatic? Now there's a rare bird! I'd love to have one of those! Old Fred? Does that mean the orange one has a Ford motor? Looks like a nice truck otherwise.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Ron, As near as we can tell,Old Fred is a 58 truck in 59 trim. It has a 49 Champion engine with a Grandma 4spd.We bought it several years ago from Stephen Cade who was using it as a trash truck.Someone had written"Sanford & Son"on the door with tape.We took that off but have called it Fred ever since.
        Both trucks are from Florida. Fred from Gainesville and Buck from Jacksonville. Both have serious rust problems.
        Neil Thornton

Comment

That must have been quite a Champ when new, A/C, automatic, and a V8! It must have been a 289 if it was placed in a GT Hawk. Hopefully it is restorable. Good luck with them!

Comment

Glad to see you still saving them, Neil. I know it's nice to have Grandchillun interested too !! Good luck

Comment

Nice. Keep on truckin'.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Neil, just out of curiosity, was the transmission moved over with the engine?
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                  Neil, just out of curiosity, was the transmission moved over with the engine?
                  I don't think the truck trans went into the GT, but it is not with the truck.
                  Who knows what ol'Buck was up to? Maybe we can ask him about it in the great beyond.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                  X