Racing Stude on youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Stude on youtube

All, Subject matter is on board cam in an Aussie icon, the XY GTHO Falcon but there's a glimpse of a Stude in this recent historic race at 7.00 minutes in.......

Matt McGraths XY, Car prepared by Yager Performance,Link to Cliton Arentz, Driving the Yager Performance XY-GTHOhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suz4lSS7b8Q

G o o d feeling ! ! !

Comment

Don't you just love the Phase 3 GTHO Falcon, 351 Clevland, Toploader trans, 9" and the sound. Australian racing at it's best. Fastest 4 door production car in the world at the time it was produced. That's what I want my Stude to be like.

Thanks Phil.

Hey Phil how long have you had Studebakers?

Len.

Comment

He did not catch up with the Studebaker until the 7:20 mark - guess that Lark wasn't the R2... Would like to know how fast these cars were running as the were close to the downhill stretch (passing under the Fuso truck sign).

Amazing to see such different cars on the same track - these big four doors keeping those little Mini Coopers from going around the corners at top speed ...

Americans like to think of themselves as "car nuts", but Australia is probably not far behind.

Comment

That 1964 Stude was poorly prepared and being driven by an amature. I know the car well. The likes of Needham, Weldon, Sutherland, Mottram, and others would have never allowed a dirty old Ford to pass!

Chris.

Comment

Hi Len,
            Those GTs were something special alright!.
            I've owned my Hawk for around six years, slowly coming together.
            Back in the 70s My mate's dad had a 63 hawk RHD Aussie delivered. It was a great highway car and I loved the interior, 'specially the dash. I've had a soft spot for Studes ever since.

Comment

[QUOTE=62champ;853092]He did not catch up with the Studebaker until the 7:20 mark - guess that Lark wasn't the R2... Would like to know how fast these cars were running as the were close to the downhill stretch (passing under the Fuso truck sign).

Amazing to see such different cars on the same track - these big four doors keeping those little Mini Coopers from going around the corners at top speed ...

Under the bridge on Conrod straight, back in the day, they would have been around 145-150 mph, these days with more highly strung clevos around the 160 mark.
              There were Studes in the great race back in the day. I believe they were retired police cars, with coppers driving them.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
                others would have never allowed a dirty old Ford to pass!

Chris.
                Now Now Chris we can't go dissin' the HO.

Comment

Thanks for sharing: Great video and mix of cars and driver abilities - that is a CRAZY downhill section!

Comment

Originally posted by allstudedude View Post
                    All, Subject matter is on board cam in an Aussie icon, the XY GTHO Falcon but there's a glimpse of a Stude in this recent historic race at 7.00 minutes in.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toLPTjE1GZk

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-27-201411-28-41AM_zpsdb0f861b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1691162

Comment

Here's some more hi speed Stude action from the '66 Galager 500 on the same circuit. Chris, this is some Weldon in action.

http://www.youtube.com/super100mphThe 1966 Gallaher 500 was an endurance motor race for production cars, held on 2 October 1966 at the Mount Panorama Circuit...

Comment

..... And some Mottram in the 65 Armstrong 500, also at Mt Panorama. Scrutineering at 3:08.

http://www.youtube.com/Super100MPHThe 1965 Armstrong 500 was the sixth running of the Bathurst 500 touring car race. Held at Mount Panorama Circuit, watch th...

Comment

Working...
                        X