Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any pickup trucks in SC or south GA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any pickup trucks in SC or south GA?

I, being a local Studebaker owner (51 Champ Starlight), have been contact by the Hilton Head Concourse D'Elegance. They are looking for a Studebaker pickup truck to be displayed at their upcoming show in Hilton Head, SC in early November 2014.

I do not have the SDC Rooster to look for pickups in SC or southern GA. Can somebody help me with this. I would like to be helpful to the Hilton Head Concourse and have more people see our vehicles. This show i a big deal. It has been growing year by year and is by invitation only. I have submitted my car for consideration and they will make decisions in July. I think my car is nice, but not a really good show. Nevertheless, I think it would be neat for more people to see more Studebakers. They attract cars from all over the country and have a very sizable attendance.

I think it would be to bad if we could not supply one or more Studebaker pickup truck candidates to this important event. Since they have specifically requested a Studebaker pickup I think they are very likely to be substantially more liberal in their evaluation. We don't need a perfect vehicle in my opion.

I also belong to the Antique Studebaker Club. I looked in the 2012 - 2014 Roster and don't see any pickups in Sc or Ga.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I have had mine for approximately 40 years in S.C. I have several vehicles and have won lots of trophies. Most of them with the truck. However, I've kinda burned out on judging shows. My truck was last refreshed in the 1980's when I won first place one year at the International Meet. Since then, it has won many awards, but is now showing it's age. I've been invited to participate in the Hilton Head event in the past, but declined.

There are some good examples of trucks in this state, N.C., and Georgia. Hopefully someone will step up. Good luck with your search.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John I know what you mean about being judged at shows, but to be invited to something like this may well be different than what we are used to. Check it out.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

John,

I would like you to at least consider the Hilton Head Concourse D'Elegance. I would like you to supply me with your contact info, telephone and or email so that I can pass it on. No commitment, just a willingness to talk to them. It is considered a big honor to be invited and many, many vehicles submit registrations and are rejected. They really have the very top cars. I was at first reluctant to submit my 51 Champ for consideration but decided that there is nothing to loose and is somehow my car is accepted it will be good for people to see another Studebaker. Please consider this request. I am hoping I don't have to go back to them to say that I could not find a Studebaker pickup in all of SC and southern GA.

Terry Meehan SDC 061805M

Comment

Originally posted by terrym View Post
          John,

I would like you to at least consider the Hilton Head Concourse D'Elegance. I would like you to supply me with your contact info, telephone and or email so that I can pass it on. No commitment, just a willingness to talk to them. It is considered a big honor to be invited and many, many vehicles submit registrations and are rejected. They really have the very top cars. I was at first reluctant to submit my 51 Champ for consideration but decided that there is nothing to loose and is somehow my car is accepted it will be good for people to see another Studebaker. Please consider this request. I am hoping I don't have to go back to them to say that I could not find a Studebaker pickup in all of SC and southern GA.

Terry Meehan SDC 061805M
          Terry, I have sent you a private message.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
          X