So you want a real fast street car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you want a real fast street car?

Sorry if this EBay ad has already been discussed. I know the car has been mentioned in the past. Now it's for sale, at a pretty reasonable price in my opinion.

Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Couldn't build it for that money.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Damn. Where did my wife put our check book?
      Bill

Comment

Awesome ride!
        Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
        Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I would love to have it in Germany on the Autobahn. lol
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

That is one wicked lookin ride. I would love to hear that screaming through the traps at full speed.
            sals54

Comment

And it has some of my parts on it. Go Peter! Licence plate reads "otta go 200" and he damn near made it. Nice guy with a very fast car. We'll miss it in Barrie.
              Last edited by warrlaw1; 06-24-2014, 10:22 AM.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I now see the trunk lid I sold Peter is used to interchange between spoiler and no spoiler. The front air dam I also provided was a Classic Enterprises unit I was going to use until Bob Peterson found me a nice rust free original. Peter hit 200 mph and didn't have enough length to his chute. The nose kissed the ground and damaged his original, hence the removable air dam described in the listing. I'd love to drive it before it sells, but I still need my license (lol).

Comment

But what kind of gas mileage car you get with it...?
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

With the 308 gears and a 6 speed tranny, he drives it to the races. Gas mileage would probably be pretty good. I'm sure he uses racing fuel on his speed quest. Two years ago Paul (55s) and I were heading home on I69 from the PSMCDRs (as spectators) and Peter pulled up behind my 55K in that awesome 53C. He drove beside me for a mile and then put the pedal down. His tail lights are awesome, too

Comment

I note that this was built in South Bend as one of the last 1953 Commanders.
                      It is a C coupe, not a "C/K coupe".
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Correct, Gary and Peter knows that. He's an SDCer. Probably speaking to a wider audience. I noticed he modified the vent windows a little. With all the other mods he could have called it a modified 'vette.

Comment

Not sure it's much of an upgrade from our original 232 cu. in. V-8, 120 hp, quiet running, 20K mile engine. Until proven otherwise we'll keep what we have.
                          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

"But what kind of gas mileage car you get with it...?"

That's one of those, if ya have to ask... In the car's favor, and a strong plus, is that it's apparently never been on the Salt!

Comment

I'll bet that car gets far better gas mileage than a Prius. You just have to use the correct formula when calculating it. Normally its done by dividing miles driven by the number of gallons required to achieve that distance. That method is for pikers.
                              To calculate true mileage, use this method:

Miles divided by blood lost through busted knuckles, multiplied by the level of satisfaction gained through the effort. Now add the number of friends acquired and the days accrued in the joy of driving and showing, and you start to arrive at the true value of gas mileage. You formula my be slightly different, but I can bet the results are similar.

My Studebaker gets a million times the mileage of all Priuses combined. A far better value.
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X