1875 Studebaker on A&E's "Storage Wars"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1875 Studebaker on A&E's "Storage Wars"

I'm sorta shocked no one has posted about this yet.

The June 10 episode of Shipping Wars featured a 1875 Studebaker horse drawn hearse~

http://www.aetv.com/shipping-wars/pi...as-latest-haul

Yes I know, it's not 'real' reality tv, but it had Studebaker content!!!
    I'm sure it'll be re-run (often) so look for season six, episode four.
    You can also check out A&E's website for photos, previews, and the whole episode.

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Interesting!
    Wheels and sleigh runners?

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Quite a very early 4 X 4, yes.

Comment

Actually, the business mix is what intrigues me the most. The sleigh runners appear to be for something else since there is no bolster attached to them to meet up with the wagon axles.

Doug
        1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by s2d63lark View Post
          Actually, the business mix is what intrigues me the most.
          Pretty common, Doug. I'm in Pennsylvania and we still have a funeral home/furniture store not far from me.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I'm shocked anyone could watch more than one episode of this 'reality' show.
            They just substituted a pickup truck front seat for the 'bar stool' interview....
            The items hauled may be interesting, but the faked drama is sooooo dull.

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
            I'm sorta shocked no one has posted about this yet.
            The June 10 episode of Shipping Wars featured a 1875 Studebaker horse drawn hearse~
            <snip>
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Well...as someone who has operated a shipping business...and often...drove the truck, for me, the most exciting thing was to make pick-up and delivery on time, and get paid. Having to concoct a dysfunctional alter ego, accept contrived drama, operate marginal equipment, and accept projects without the possibility to profit...not acceptable.

If you ever find me watching this program...you'll know I have wandered off into the "nothing better to do dessert."

One positive thing about this thread though...you never hear of an 1875 Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                <snip>
                One positive thing about this thread though...you never hear of an 1875 Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc.
                Well, In 1875.....
                Henry Ford was 12 years old, Horace Dodge was seven years old, John Francis Dodge was eleven, and Louis Chevrolet had just been conceived .....
                (Just to be accurate
                )
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                  Well, In 1875.....
                  and Louis Chevrolet had just been conceived .....
                  (Just to be accurate
                  )
                  Hmmn...wonder if that happened in the back of a... Studebaker????
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                    I'm shocked anyone could watch more than one episode of this 'reality' show.
                    They just substituted a pickup truck front seat for the 'bar stool' interview....
                    The items hauled may be interesting, but the faked drama is sooooo dull.
                    Well...as someone who has operated a shipping business... <yadda yadda yaaddda...>
                    I guess next time someone tells me of a Studebaker on tv I'll just keep my mouth shut.

I thought folks might find it interesting.
                    Sorry to have wasted your time.

StudeDave '57
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

I guess next time someone tells me of a Studebaker on tv I'll just keep my mouth shut.

I thought folks might find it interesting.
                      Sorry to have wasted your time.

StudeDave '57
                      Good Grief, Dave...just having a li'l fun. I certainly didn't mean to cast your thread in a bad way, or criticize your TV tastes. I even confess to wandering into the "nothing better to do desert" and watching that program before. (Along with others)

I do find anything Studebaker interesting. I am fascinated with the horse drawn vehicles and only regret that I don't have appropriate space to properly keep one. I get upset by those who allow them to deteriorate as "yard-art" no matter what the brand.

If you are really offended......please accept my apology...and this "Cyber Hug."
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

no worrries... ?

If you are really offended......please accept my apology...and this "Cyber Hug."
                        Someone told me about a Studebaker on a 'reality' show, so I started a thread about it.
                        I did so for discussion of said Studebaker hearse, not the show it appeared on.

I suppose it could be my fault for expecting it to go more then a few posts before it drifted off topic.

My bad.

StudeDave '57
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Someone told me about a Studebaker on a 'reality' show, so I started a thread about it.
                          I did so for discussion of said Studebaker hearse, not the show it appeared on.

I suppose it could be my fault for expecting it to go more then a few posts before it drifted off topic.

My bad.

StudeDave '57
                          Well....by now...you should know...chronic A.D.D. is part of "The Studebaker Personality." Give us a path to follow, and we'll explore what's off to the side. No fault on your part.

However, your response reminded me of some of the times when my wife and I have been having a discussion...I'm happily driving down the road...blabbing away...happen to look over her way...and notice a tear traversing her cheek...."Sweetheart!!! What did I say?"...awkward silence...and then a reply in an "almost" whisper..."Oh,you'll never know...

I'm happy to say...as I've gotten older...those moments have become very infrequent. Either I've improved, she's gotten tougher, or I'm still clueless and she simply ignores it. (Probably some of all.)
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The hearse Kinda reminded me of the one That carried Jefferson Davis from Biloxi to Richmond after he died. Very elaborate Vehicle.
                            Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                              Pretty common, Doug. I'm in Pennsylvania and we still have a funeral home/furniture store not far from me.
                              In Tara, not too far from our old farm in Chatsworth, is a combination Funeral Home/Furniture Shop/Realtor Office. All that seems to fit logically together. The Undertaker/Hardware combination is a little "odd" to me. Although, both deal in stiff goods I suppose .
                              1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X