Want a Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a Studebaker

When I was growing up my dad had a 1947 Studebaker 1 ton truck.This is what I learned to drive on.I have always wanted a Studebaker Commander or Hawk.I am now retired and would like to find one.I would prefer in the 50s or 60s but would consider others.I am not a mechanic.I would like a good solid good running car.Doesn't have to be perfect.Something that would be dependable and I could take to the local cruise in.
    Last edited by harveynorris; 06-24-2014, 10:10 AM.

Hmm, time to go window shopping. You can see Larks, Hawks, Avantis, Trucks....watch eBay, Craigs lists or join a local SDC Chapter. We have many members that have cars for sale. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Theres a really nice 47? Land Cruiser near me that's for sale, PM me if interested. Rust free recent resto. Price isn't far off either.
      http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hemmings usually offers a good selection: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...cet=Studebaker

Comment

The beautiful thing about Studebakers is that it doesn't take much to make one a decent driver that can be driven and worked on as time and money permits. Once you find one that runs and shifts properly the best thing to do is go over the brake system which will most likely need some attention. Parts are readily available as well as upgrades from our many venders.

Comment

also check here: http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php

and join the Studebaker Drivers Club! the info is above on the forum. the magazine, "Turning Wheels", have many for sale in the classified section from some folks that don't "do" the internet!
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I like this search engine the best.Just type in what you are looking for and it starts closest to your zip code... searchtempest.com
              Tony

Last edited by tony58; 06-23-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

There is a nice 66 Commander 4dr in Jacksonville Fla. Check with Ben At Larkskytop@icloud.com
                Neil Thornton

Comment

Here are the ads from the June issue of Turning Wheels:
                  sigpic
                  Bob Shaw
                  Rush City, Minnesota
                  1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                  "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
                  X