Dress code for banquets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dress code for banquets

What is the dress code for sdc banquets?

STP coveralls.

Craig

Comment

Speedo, flip flops and a loud Hawaiian shirt? Probably not
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Meet T-Shirt and jeans. Or in my case,Most anything made by Wrangler,boots and hat.
        Neil Thornton

Comment

The women should look presentable but it doesn't matter about the men
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I would think "Casual" and hopefully informal. That is, unless it is held in some venue where up-scale dress is traditional and traditionally enforced. In that case...no one would have to worry about me embarrassing the group. 'Cause I wouldn't be there. I believe in holding to decent decorum, but stuffy formal snobbery for pleasurable events has always been a downer for me. Shucks...at car events...I detest dining areas without a view of the parking lot. I've never understood how we can hold an event and gather into a dark windowless room to celebrate the cars parked somewhere out of sight.

On one such occasion (years ago), we exited the building to find that the cars had been vandalized. You'd be amazed at how much damage the acid in those cherry tomatoes can do to enamel paint on a hot sunny southern day! I'd like to see our gatherings in bright places, inclusive and welcoming to all participants, with a clear view of the vehicles we enjoy at all times.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I'll be wearing my new Polo Ralph Lauren pants and polo shirts I bought from Macy's today. What a great store. I love New York, been here since Thursday and leave for DC Thursday.

If they want formal count me out too.
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

That's cool! Glad to see we will have some international Studebaker members there. When I meet you, I'll buy you a beer! I will look for the guy wearing Ralph Lauren.
                sigpic
                1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

No Shoes, No Shirt-No Problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                    The women should look presentable but it doesn't matter about the men

You kill me Bob, knowing you and reading your comment,.... well I just about fell out of my seat.

Allen
                    1964 GT Hawk
                    PSMCDR 2014
                    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                    PSMCDR 2013
                    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Life is short. Wear something that will generate a smile!
                      Have you seen those T-shirts that look like tuxedos? Too formal!
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

No to be snooty.. But I'd think that a "Banquet" is a place to look more presentable than Tee-Shirt and Shorts.

I've seen MOPAR guys show up in velour sweatsuits.

Studebaker folks should try to one up them by at least wearing a shirt with a collar and casual pants.

Comment

Originally posted by R_David View Post
                          That's cool! Glad to see we will have some international Studebaker members there. When I meet you, I'll buy you a beer! I will look for the guy wearing Ralph Lauren.
                          Great, free beer!!!

Laughs.

JC
                          John Clements
                          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Tailored suit and tie, formal dress shoes and underwear!

Comment

We (Cathy & I) were just discussing how the manner of dress at SDC Banquets has evolved over the past 40 plus years that we have been attending.
                              In the 1970s, I, and most all men, wore suits. I can remember how a good pair of leather shoes got baked in the trunk of my 1953 Commander Starliner with four days of traveling. One year, an SDC President wore a tuxedo and his lady wore a gown.
                              Things gradually changed/evolved. I went to wearing nice slacks, dress shirt and tie to something less formal. The last one, I wore a "golf" type of shirt (collar) and chinos with casual shoes. I would say that I was dressed about mid-range for that one.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X