PDA

View Full Version : our latest treasure.

rockinhawk
06-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Today, Josh,Mitchell and I drove down to Jacksonville Fla.and picked up the 2nd of 3 Studebakers we got from Buck Buchannon's estate.Really we just saved them from the crusher.35795

studeclunker
06-22-2014, 02:07 AM
Nice looking Champ. Interesting bed. How about the other two? What are they and do you have any pics?

rockinhawk
06-22-2014, 08:02 AM
Nice looking Champ. Interesting bed. How about the other two? What are they and do you have any pics?Ron, the others are a ragged out 60 convertable, and another Champ.The other Champ is in much better shape,body wise but has no engine/trans. Don't have pics of it yet but check out Thunder Lark in the pictures forum.
Josh's car, the conv,and the Champ all came from the same place,but we have had the HT for about 4 years.

The bed on the Champ appears to be a factory built(not Studebaker) stake body but does not fit very well.

rockinhawk
06-26-2014, 05:56 PM
IT RUNS !! I had some time on my hands today so I put a battery in the old Champ just to see what might happen. The engine spun over freely with a jumper wire to the solenoid. I looked inside and the keys were hanging in the switch so I switched it on and spun it some more. It didn't fire so I popped the cap on the dist. took out my trusty Leatherman super tool, unfolded the file and cleaned the points up. Poured a little gas down the throat and tried again. It coughed,choked,and spit a time or two, then fired up and ran like a CHAMP!
Now I'll see about getting some brakes on it, then start on the details.

RadioRoy
06-26-2014, 06:47 PM
What type/size engine does it have?

rockinhawk
06-26-2014, 07:48 PM
It has the OHV6 and what appears to be a straight 3spd trans. I havn't got under it to make sure,but I don't see any OD wiring under the hood. The radiator was robbed before I bought it so I couldn't run it very long.I plan to round up a rad.,get some brakes, and check it some more tomorrow. Right now it's still on the trailer.