Hawk in TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk in TV show

There is an Australian police-noir show on DVD Called "Jack Irish", and his car is a '61 Silver Hawk.
    peter lee

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
    There is an Australian police-noir show on DVD Called "Jack Irish", and his car is a '61 Silver Hawk.
    Based on your suggestion, I went looking for it. I found that I was able to stream it via my "ACORN" subscription (ACORN is British TV that you can watch in the US)

Pretty enjoyable detective show...but I suspect that he actually has a right hand drive 60 Hawk (I could be wrong there tho - while the '61s had the contrasting stripe on the fins in the US, who knows about down under!)

The title character is obviously a kindred CASO - as evidenced by the fact that his outside mirror appears to be held on with electrical tape!

Comment

Well it can't be a 61 "Silver Hawk" or a 60 for that mater as the last Silver Hawk was the 59. 60 and 61 Hawks were just called Hawks.
      David L

Comment

Originally posted by pbrown View Post
        Based on your suggestion, I went looking for it. I found that I was able to stream it via my "ACORN" subscription (ACORN is British TV that you can watch in the US)

Pretty enjoyable detective show...but I suspect that he actually has a right hand drive 60 Hawk (I could be wrong there tho - while the '61s had the contrasting stripe on the fins in the US, who knows about down under!)

The title character is obviously a kindred CASO - as evidenced by the fact that his outside mirror appears to be held on with electrical tape!
        1961 Hawks downunder had the strip down the side, I owned one for a while..I must look for that show I've never seen it!

Comment

That finned Hawk belongs to a friend of mine here in Melbourne, Phil Smith, & was used in a number of episodes of the TV drama "Jack Irish". Phil saved & restored the Hawk back into good shape even if it looked a little ordinary in some of the episodes for authenticity.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

The lead actor, Guy Pearce has done more to further interest in Studebaker vehicles in Australia than anyone else in recent times. Its amazing how many people, including many who do not have a great interest in cars, have told me about the 'Hawk on TV'.

And its also a really good show.!

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
              And its also a really good show.!
              The wife and I did enjoy what we saw of it. We had 3 episodes on ACORN - Are there more existing or is that it so far?
              Last edited by pbrown; 06-23-2014, 05:39 AM.

Comment

BTW, ACORN has a few other Aussie shows we like. The wife and I prefer quirky shows, so these fit right in.

We really enjoyed "Mr and Mrs Murder" (and were sorry to find out it had ended production), and are still enjoying "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" and are looking forward to next season!

Another show on ACORN that tickles our fancy (although Canadian not Aussie) is "Murdock Mysteries" - Highly recommended
                Last edited by pbrown; 06-23-2014, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Sounds like you have found some real gems! Some of my favourite shows.

Yes there is a second series of Jack Irish. And there is more exposure of that lovely 1960 Hawk.

Chris.

Comment

We were excited to see the actress who played "Mrs Murder" acting in the last Jack Irish. Good to see her getting work!

Comment

The "Jack Irish" telemovies are based on crime novels by Peter Temple. Irish drives a Stude in the books, which is why they used one in the three telemovies.

Comment

Note this is an old thread. This TV show has now been picked up for distribution in the US, so it may be coming to local PBS stations nationwide. Lots of screen time of the Hawk.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                          Note this is an old thread. This TV show has now been picked up for distribution in the US, so it may be coming to local PBS stations nationwide. Lots of screen time of the Hawk.
                          Super! I'll look for it.
                          Ed Sallia
                          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                          X