PDA

View Full Version : 1950 Stude Champion Resto Project

Stewd1
06-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Met a guy from Louisville whose father bought a 1950 2 dr. Champion new. It was his 1st car. The car has been sitting in a garage in the Indy area and has not been touched for over 25 years. His father, now 82, would like to have the car put back into running condition and then additional resto. I have spoken to a few reliable stude guys in both the Indy and Dayton area concerning how they would advise this guy to go with the project. Would like to solicit a few names to give him to have them look at the car and advise further. Also have some pics I could forward. Would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

RadioRoy
06-19-2014, 03:17 PM
First, welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice here, so please check back regularly. It's frustrating when we give a bunch of advice and the original poster does not respond.

You should buy the shop manual and the chassis parts book and the body parts book. Buying these and actually looking at them will answer a lot of questions and eliminate lots of costly mistakes.

You should also avoid the temptation to redesign everything with parts/assemblies from other cars.

Everything you need to get this car running/driving/stopping is available, but if you want to redesign everything, you will find yourself going down a rabbit hole and probably won't get the car finished before it is too late, if you get it finished at all.

rockne10
06-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Hopefully, one of the "Indy" guys you spoke with was Bob Palma. You could do worse. :rolleyes::whome:

Here is an article I beat to death for folks in his position.
http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/TechThings2do.asp