X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's raining Speedsters

Ebay-two in less than 2 weeks.
    in.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-P...US_Cars_Trucks

Ed, this new one looks like body number 1786 or 1766. New to the roster?
    Last edited by rrtaylor; 06-18-2014, 05:35 AM.

......most of the Studes on eBay are getting no action at all.....how about all the Avantis with no bids ...is this the real market folks talk about ?

Comment

I thought at the time the California car was a bit over priced. It was a very good candidate for restoration but needed every thing so 15 would have been a more reasonable starting point. Didn't a pretty good one sell for around fourteen in the Carolinas just a few weeks ago? One ready to go sold for 26 recently. To get into the fifties it would have to be a very high point car and may take many months to sell. Don't claim to be an expert but I watch the market and that's what I see. Any way, Studebakers in general are just not high dollar cars and very few would bring the cost of a complete restoration---if any. Typical Stude nuts aren't one per centers, that's for sure.

Comment

It's too bad these sellers are not using a strategy of low starting price with a reserve they will accept. This would help establish the real market price for these cars.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by rrtaylor View Post
          Ebay-two in less than 2 weeks.
          in.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-P...US_Cars_Trucks

Ed, this new one looks like body number 1786 or 1766. New to the roster?
          Nice sleuth work! Kind of looks like 1706 to me, but could be 1766. Either way, this Speedster is new to the roster.....Pretty car!

Comment

The brown car has been relisted with an opening bid of 15----will be interesting!

Comment

Wonder if this is the car I found in Anaheim some years ago and then sold to a fella in Livermore?
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                It's too bad these sellers are not using a strategy of low starting price with a reserve they will accept. This would help establish the real market price for these cars.
                Looks like he took yor advice. good luck Grant.

Comment

I had my 55K at the road (just for the curious) and a car pulled in. A crazy little guy jumped out and was all over it. "Is it for sale? Is it?". After letting him know that it wasn't for sale we chatted. I think he had just won the lottery because he's buying up distressed properties with cash. After I told him the car had appraised in at $30,000 but I had more than $50,000 in it, he understood that I didn't build it to sell. As he left he said that he had seen it before and would have killed himself if he didn't at least ask. "If I found out it sold for $10,000 I would have been pissed!". No worries about that.... and I think I just found a new real estate client
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Green and yellow drew no bids at 25,000. Auction ended. Not a bad looking car with nice though incorrect upholstery. I feel the price guides over value these cars. They just don't bring the big bucks. Don't restore one in hopes of making any money, that's for sure.

Comment

Same car just re-listed. Still 25K opening bid.

Comment

Originally posted by plum55 View Post
                        Green and yellow drew no bids at 25,000. Auction ended. Not a bad looking car with nice though incorrect upholstery. I feel the price guides over value these cars. They just don't bring the big bucks. Don't restore one in hopes of making any money, that's for sure.
                        I disagree with this assessment. Over the next five years I see Speedster, as well as Golden Hawk prices pushing past the $100,000 mark. But I'm speaking of high quality 100% stock restorations, using the best materials available. Frankly, that's the type of vehicle collectors with $$$$ WILL pay for.

Comment

As a Studebaker enthusiast and owner I would love it if you are right but given that such a car struggles to reach 50 today, it would have to appreciate at 15% a year to get to 100 in 5 years. In addition, if you pay 25 for one of these cars today and spend 50 to do the sort of 100 point restoration you are talking about you will not have made much money if you run it through an auction five years from now by the time you figure having that much money tied up, climate controlled storage, insurance, auction fees etc. Just my humble poorly founded opinion but I'm sticking to it!!!

Comment

Green and Yellow doesn't list now as a Speedster. It's just listed as a President HT. Has the Speedster dash though. No Speedster badging. Nice clone maybe?
                            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                              Green and Yellow doesn't list now as a Speedster. It's just listed as a President HT. Has the Speedster dash though. No Speedster badging. Nice clone maybe?
                              The body number reveals it as a true Speedster

Comment

Working...
                              X