1959 transtar paint needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 transtar paint needed

I needs some help finding some touchup paint for my '59 transtar.
    the color I need is seamist green as listed and shown on the 1960 paint chart as a 1959 spring color.
    thanks and it's good to be back after quite a few years.

Given the age of your paint, no touch up you could buy today would match very well -- even if you could find it. Your best bet would be to either find a modern paint that is a good match or bring some part of your truck with good paint on it to an automotive paint store and ask them to match it.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
      Given the age of your paint, no touch up you could buy today would match very well -- even if you could find it. Your best bet would be to either find a modern paint that is a good match or bring some part of your truck with good paint on it to an automotive paint store and ask them to match it.
      actually the truck was painted about 10 years ago and sill looks great. i'm really just looking for some touchup to match.
      thanks though.

Comment

I you have any Idea what paint brand and which product was used I would start there. Ten years ago could be base clear or could be enamel.

Comment

You can have some of the original formula you painted it with mixed up and put in a spray can or 2 at the Automotive Paint Store. If the nicks are very small, spray some into a cup and use an Artist brush to apply.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X