Serial Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Number

Built in South Bend. 1950 Commander Regal Deluxe 4-dr sedan. 34,860th 1950 Commander (includes ALL body styles) to come outta South Bend plant. (there were two other plants at that time)

8,079th 1950 Commander Regal Deluxe body tub welded up in the body shop.

Nothing more than that to decipher. If you wanna know more, get the build sheet from the Museum.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Serial Number

I'd like to get some information about my car, a 1950 Studebaker Commander. The serial number is 4433461, Body tag 17A-WS, 8079

Comment

The 'W' identifies the body as a 4 door, and what you see as an 'S' is actually a numeral '5' that represents the top level of trim for that year.

Dwain G.
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

What is the difference between the trim levels? I haven't noticed a whole lot of options on this car, at least not obvious?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by staghorn916

What is the difference between the trim levels? I haven't noticed a whole lot of options on this car, at least not obvious?
          Trim levels and options are two different things.
          Trim level gives different quality of fabrics, carpet vs. rubber mats, different exterior trim, etc. (some differences depend on model year and series).
          Options imclude things like radio, heater, back up lights, etc.
          If you get your car's build sheet from the Studebaker National Museum, you will see just how it was built and what options it was built with, along with other information.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X