Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1744112Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1744112

Took the Champ to a local cruise night last.night. Weather was beautiful. There were probably about 300 cars. One other Stude. A nicely restored 58 Silver Hawk.
    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Wow, that truck looks almost too nice to drive

Comment

Great looking CHAMP! Can't wait till the day mine comes close to looking that good, but there are 5 resto's ahead of it.
      JS
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Looks good. Anyone misidentify it?

Comment

The most common question when showing the Champ is "Why doesn't the bed match the cab"

A close second is "did it come from the factory tha way" again talking about the box.....

And yes most people have no idea what it is until they look at the tailgate.
          1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
            The most common question when showing the Champ is "Why doesn't the bed match the cab"

A close second is "did it come from the factory tha way" again talking about the box.....

And yes most people have no idea what it is until they look at the tailgate.
            I was going to swap out my wide bed for a narrow, but what the heck, when you get right down to it neither one really matches up to the cab. AND, after reading the Otis Romine interview in T.W. about how they acquired the wide bed tooling etc. from Dodge makes it worth keeping the original bed. I plan on copying the article, and carrying it along to shows to prove the story to the naysayers . Take that, you Studebaker Illiterates!!!!
            JS
            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I have been thinking about getting some advertising literature to prove that it was made that way. On my truck, the cab was repainted once and the bed was not, so in bright light you can see the difference between the two shades of red. That makes it more confusing to those who don't know about Stude trucks.
              1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Working...
              X