PDA

View Full Version : Packard on eBay

Gary1953
09-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Check out the garage that this Packard is in.
eBay item 300029781104. Sorry I'm new at linking
to other web pages.

arkiejazz
09-25-2006, 10:30 PM
I love the garage...the banners are great...and that Packard is out of this world!! Here's the link:
http://tinyurl.com/zqonk

steve blake

arkiejazz
09-25-2006, 10:30 PM
I love the garage...the banners are great...and that Packard is out of this world!! Here's the link:
http://tinyurl.com/zqonk

steve blake

Transtar56
09-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Great garage,and a beautiful car,I love Packards. But you probaly already knew that.

Transtar56
09-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Great garage,and a beautiful car,I love Packards. But you probaly already knew that.

StudeDave57
09-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Men and their toys~ gotta love those Packard guys! I just don't understand why they don't claim the '57s and/or '58s... [?]
I actually saw a site tonight that specifically dennies those cars even exsist! [:0] [B)] [V]
Amazing~ that's all I can say.

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
'57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

StudeDave57
09-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Men and their toys~ gotta love those Packard guys! I just don't understand why they don't claim the '57s and/or '58s... [?]
I actually saw a site tonight that specifically dennies those cars even exsist! [:0] [B)] [V]

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

avantilover
09-26-2006, 02:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

I guess that the 57 and 58 "Packards" were really remodelled Studebakers, "true" Packard production having ended back in 1956.

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
Lockleys South Australia

avantilover
09-26-2006, 02:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

I guess that the 57 and 58 "Packards" were really remodelled Studebakers, "true" Packard production having ended back in 1956.

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
Lockleys South Australia

imported_n/a
09-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Well, just to teach those Packard guys(the ones with the 1200 lb flathead 8 engines) a lesson they'll never forget----I am going to deny that those cars ever existed! 57-58's are Classics,too! Well, aren't they?

imported_n/a
09-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Well, just to teach those Packard guys(the ones with the 1200 lb flathead 8 engines) a lesson they'll never forget----I am going to deny that those cars ever existed! 57-58's are Classics,too! Well, aren't they?

showbizkid
09-26-2006, 09:30 AM
I noticed that in one of these pix the owner has a V E R Y L A R G E "Studebaker-Packard for '58" banner up, so he's obviously not one of those snobs!

Also good to see that this car is actually driven. :)

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
'63 Lark Standard
http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

showbizkid
09-26-2006, 09:30 AM
I noticed that in one of these pix the owner has a V E R Y L A R G E "Studebaker-Packard for '58" banner up, so he's obviously not one of those snobs!

Also good to see that this car is actually driven. :)

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
'63 Lark Standard
http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

go-studebaker
09-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Well some Packard people are a bit weird to deny that 57 and 58 Packards exist.

Some of those cars sell for more than those old banger Packards do.

In 1990 and 1991 I drove a 58 Packard Hawk just over 31k miles in one year when I was 26 and living in Canada. Bought it in LA and drove it accross the US a few times. I have never had so much fun in a Studebaker as I had in that one. I was so drunk, so often, that the keys were thrown at many different nationalities to get me home. Many young English, Australian, French Danish, American, Canadian and Finish people who had never driven an old jalopy had the chance of enjoying the whistle and thrust of the blown weapon.

I do remember pulling over on the freeway that goes between Hamilton and Toronto to help Magna a fur trader that was copping a lot of stick for selling pelts in the Canadian press, fix his 54 Packard. How bazar to meet another owner. A couple of people gave me the cold shoulder for owning a lesser breed Packard, but what did I care? They may have had all the class in a big Packard, but I had all the style, and that car was one hell of a chick magnet. Afterall, a blown man is always smiling.

Now I own a big 1939 Packard that is about 5000 miles long which is proving to be a brute to get going real nice, but that is because I know so little about them. I will get it eventually. It is a better car than a Studebaker, that is for sure, but one thing you cant take out of the boy is that I am really a Studebaker man and enjoy the breed immensely. So hang it back on the Packard blokes as Studebaker became the dominent partner in the end and had all the style.

I do believe that Duncan Mcrae retire to Australia to become a sheep farmer in Vitoria. I wonder if he was pushed for making such an ugly duckling front, that was inspired by a Catfish fettish, on those 58's. Love them or hate them they are to my mind an interesting machine.

Anyway I would love another Packard Hawk at a later stage when I feel the need to get back to my youth, but for now I am enjoying these old pokey Studebakers that dont drive as fast as those new fangled 60's ones. Although this will come a little sooner than later as last week I bought a lovely restored 61 Hawk 3 speed OD with factory air here in the UK. It needs minor work for UK registration.

Can anybody tell me what the green colours were or the blue green colour was called on those 61 Studes as my literature is still tucked away out of reach.

Enjoy you cars

Greg

Greg Diffen
Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
1988 Avanti Convertible

go-studebaker
09-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Well some Packard people are a bit weird to deny that 57 and 58 Packards exist.

Some of those cars sell for more than those old banger Packards do.

In 1990 and 1991 I drove a 58 Packard Hawk just over 31k miles in one year when I was 26 and living in Canada. Bought it in LA and drove it accross the US a few times. I have never had so much fun in a Studebaker as I had in that one. I was so drunk, so often, that the keys were thrown at many different nationalities to get me home. Many young English, Australian, French Danish, American, Canadian and Finish people who had never driven an old jalopy had the chance of enjoying the whistle and thrust of the blown weapon.

I do remember pulling over on the freeway that goes between Hamilton and Toronto to help Magna a fur trader that was copping a lot of stick for selling pelts in the Canadian press, fix his 54 Packard. How bazar to meet another owner. A couple of people gave me the cold shoulder for owning a lesser breed Packard, but what did I care? They may have had all the class in a big Packard, but I had all the style, and that car was one hell of a chick magnet. Afterall, a blown man is always smiling.

Now I own a big 1939 Packard that is about 5000 miles long which is proving to be a brute to get going real nice, but that is because I know so little about them. I will get it eventually. It is a better car than a Studebaker, that is for sure, but one thing you cant take out of the boy is that I am really a Studebaker man and enjoy the breed immensely. So hang it back on the Packard blokes as Studebaker became the dominent partner in the end and had all the style.

I do believe that Duncan Mcrae retire to Australia to become a sheep farmer in Vitoria. I wonder if he was pushed for making such an ugly duckling front, that was inspired by a Catfish fettish, on those 58's. Love them or hate them they are to my mind an interesting machine.

Anyway I would love another Packard Hawk at a later stage when I feel the need to get back to my youth, but for now I am enjoying these old pokey Studebakers that dont drive as fast as those new fangled 60's ones. Although this will come a little sooner than later as last week I bought a lovely restored 61 Hawk 3 speed OD with factory air here in the UK. It needs minor work for UK registration.

Can anybody tell me what the green colours were or the blue green colour was called on those 61 Studes as my literature is still tucked away out of reach.

Enjoy you cars

Greg

Greg Diffen
Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
1988 Avanti Convertible