Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1963 Avanti rear swaybar bushings (U-bolt mounted one) from 1993-2002 GM F-body (Camaro/Firebird)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle: 1963 Avanti rear swaybar bushings (U-bolt mounted one) from 1993-2002 GM F-body (Camaro/Firebird)

Today I actually worked on a Studebaker, go figure. Happens from time to time. I went out
    to finally hook up the parking brake to my Mustang rear discs (using Karl's technique until my
    prototype rear brackets are completed - this stalled back in 2007). I noticed the reason the
    handling has been a little erratic, my "temporary" fix done years ago hadn't held up :

I parted out a 1994 Firebird Formula to put the EFI LT1 into my wifes 1978 Camaro (those who
    are considering an L$1 swap might want to rethink the cost comparison), so I had the whole
    rear swaybar assembly left over :

This is the part you want :

well ... ok .. actually just these two pieces :

It looks surprisingly similar to the original one :

The hole spacing is identical to Studebaker, just metric holes. Drill the two holes to 29/64 or
    the next size up and bolt it on :

Done.

Out with the old ...

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them
Working...
X