Studebaker Cuckoo Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Cuckoo Clock

The latest issue of Hemmings Classic Car has an ad from the Bradford Exchange for a Studebaker cuckoo clock.
    Mostly bullet nose styling.
    Check it out here.....http://www.bradfordexchange.com/prod...koo-clock.html

I see the counterweights look like sparkplug sockets.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

They do look interesting but when I saw the $180.00 that sure scared me off !
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
        I see the counterweights look like sparkplug sockets.
        The ad describes them as pistons. I don't know. Your description is better.

It's on page 53 of the August issue.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 06-12-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I saw an ad for one of these in the latest issue of Handy magazine but it was for F series Ford trucks.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Cute, but I would like it better without the gabled roof.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

You've got to be kidding!!!! That's the most gawdy thing I've seen in a long time.

I HAVE TO HAVE ONE................................
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Yes, I just received my copy of Classic Car and saw the ad. It's cute, but gaudy. I think I'll pass due to the price. I was pleased to see the Lark Hardtop, like mine, on the face of the clock.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

My wife told me "Happy Anniversary, Happy Fathers day, and Happy Birthday". It should arrive in six to eight weeks.

She's the BEST!!!!
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Clocks have a huge markup. My in laws owned a clock shop for years and my wife and I used to go to the dealers trade shows with them every once in a while. I could have loaded my whole 1970 Fury up to the gills with clocks for less than $500.

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                      My wife told me "Happy Anniversary, Happy Fathers day, and Happy Birthday". It should arrive in six to eight weeks.

She's the BEST!!!!
                      Not sure what's going on with this but this was posted on 6/16/14 and I am still waiting for this clock. They have sent me about 4 postcards telling me the production has been delayed. Maybe they are waiting untill they get enough orders to make it worth their while to build.

Perhaps I'm the only Studebaker dude crazy enough to order this clock. I'll be sure to post on the forum if I ever get this thing.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Yeah,

It is kind of gaudy. I saw an ad in Hemmings Classic for a....... T-bird, I think.

Clocks have been an interest of mine for years; particularly standing clocks or mantle clocks. I like repairing the works and building them (Not the works - the cases).

I think a Stude Cuckoo could be done tastefully but my idea would be to build them as custom orders. The clock could look like a stude owner's house with a detailed garage and a little garage apron with a Stude parked half in and half out of the garage. I'd probably rig it to make the sound of a tiny auto horn (at very low volume of course) to mark the half hour and the hours.

However, by the time I sunk time into photographing a house with a stude in the garage and then reproduced the front of that house, and the garage and the car, to scale, and then modified a cuckoo clock works to sound a miniscule horn, we'd be talking a whole lot more than $180 so there's probably no profit to be made at it - so......, gaudy it is.
                        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                        Kenmore, Washington
                        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                        '69 Pontiac Firebird
                        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Working...
                        X