Hot Rod Daily Blog: Nice Studebaker Museum Exposure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Daily Blog: Nice Studebaker Museum Exposure

Thanks to our good friend Diego Rosenberg, although he is not the author. (Diego forwarded the link to me):

HOT ROD is “where it all began,” as the first magazine to cover the hot rod culture. Since that time, HOT ROD has evolved into a brand devoted to everything from hot rods to restomods, barn finds to project cars and everything in between.

Cool beans. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Thanks for posting this Bob.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Bob........By posting the beautiful museum pictures, you have made me move my visit to the Studebaker Museum to the top of my bucket list!!

Comment

Originally posted by alaipairod View Post
          Bob........By posting the beautiful museum pictures, you have made me move my visit to the Studebaker Museum to the top of my bucket list!!
          Absolutely, Rodney; you will be impressed. It's as fine a facility of that nature as you will ever see.

In the meantime, if you are looking for a Fathers Day present to request, this book cannot be too highly recommended from The Studebaker National Museum store:

The Studebaker National Museum Online Store is the place to shop for all of your Studebaker related merchandise needs....

It is unusually well-done and more or less takes you through the museum area by area. Full color throughout, with far more space devoted to photographs than to text. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for posting Bob. What is the black car that is shown first? Mike
            Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
            Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Silverplate View Post
              Thanks for posting Bob. What is the black car that is shown first? Mike
              That is the prototype Studebaker Sceptre, designed by Brooks Stevens and built circa 1962. It cost $16,500 to build at the time.

Had Studebaker survived, it would have replaced the Hawk for the 1966 model year. BP

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Bob.
                The book is on the way.
                By the way...The '57 GH is coming along nicely.
                We are into the painstaking fitting the gaps stage.

Comment

Nice write-up, and pretty accurate!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X