Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manifold vacuum switch for McCulloch supercharger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Manifold vacuum switch for McCulloch supercharger.

I have a 1960 Lark 232 engine with a McCullough supercharger. It currently has an electric switch to control the supercharger. My switch is worn out looking to replace it. Found a picture on line showing a manifold vacuum switch, which has 12 volt power and a single vacuum line.The vacuum switch would be normally open circuit then closed under vacuum off idle. Where can I find a vacuum switch.

You may find that the vacuum switch is too sensitive for the supercharger solenoid to keep up with. You might want some sort of time delay so the supercharger doesn't constantly switch pulley width.

Perhaps some sort of metered restriction in the vacuum line?
    Last edited by bezhawk; 06-11-2014, 06:09 PM.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Yes, but what kind of vacuum switch.

Comment

Do have any part numbers for a the same switch or vacuum switch or any upgrade.Would anybody have a picture of there switch setup on the carburetor.

Comment

A 1960 Lark 232 engine?
          sigpic

1962 Daytona
          1964 Cruiser
          And a few others

Comment

Originally posted by studee View Post
            I have a 1960 Lark 232 engine with a McCullough supercharger. It currently has an electric switch to control the supercharger. My switch is worn out looking to replace it. Found a picture on line showing a manifold vacuum switch, which has 12 volt power and a single vacuum line.The vacuum switch would be normally open circuit then closed under vacuum off idle. Where can I find a vacuum switch.
            If you're running a stock '57 Golden Hawk type McCulloch supercharger system in your '60 Lark, I believe it might be best to just replace the 12V kickdown switch at the carb, which can be substituted with a generic plunger-type momentary switch. The only other electrical concern would be having a healthy solenoid inside the nose of the supercharger to evacuate the air pressure which automatically builds up behind the sliding pulley assy.

Comment

Working...
            X