Eng casting #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eng casting #'s

Would anyone know where I could locate a list of Champ 6 engine casting ID numbers?
    appreciated,
    dan0

Herd:
    06 Jetta TDI
    1941 M15
    1953 2R11
    2001 F-350
    1989 Caprice
    Deere's:
    67' 112H
    88' 332

I'm not aware of an official listing of casting numbers. I have observed and recorded a few, there's probably more than just the ones I've seen. I have nothing for the pre-war Champions. 1947-49 is 518448. 1949-54 is 524807. 1955-58 is 533870. 1959-60 Lark VI is 1548965. I should add that the best wayto identify an engine is by the stamped serial number at front top of block, left side.

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Answer me this, Mr Dwain. I think we could agree that the casting numbers ARE really part numbers, no? So I'm thinking that those part numbers are for raw, unmachined castings, no?? Numbers for in-plant use, but not found in any parts books because they wouldn't have been available for purchase. You agree?[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I certainly do agree Bob! While I'm not a 'numbers matching' GM nut, I am an enthusiast of casting numbers and date codes. Funny the factory seemed to treat them with such disdain. The late Earle Haley once suggested a cross reference listing at the factory. He was told it wouldn't be practical because so many different part numbers would normally come from one casting.
        But you know, on some six and V8 heads from the early '50s, the casting number and the part number ARE the same!

Dwain G.

Comment

I have a '40 Champion here with its original engine, and I have now a grand total of four Weasel engines, plus a couple of later Champion engines. I'll seek out the block casting numbers and serial numbers tomorrow and post them for you, Dwain.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

That would be great, Gord! If and when you have time.

Dwain G.

Comment

Working...
            X