Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plain Brown Wrapper & Tomato Stalking this Weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plain Brown Wrapper & Tomato Stalking this Weekend!

'Read all about it:

'Hope to see many folks there. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Sorry Bob, can't make it... too many other things happening. This Thursday, after work, I want to check out the HOT ROD POWER TOUR coming through town. (Downtown Bettendorf, Iowa Thursday from around Noon until well into the evening.

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for the heads up. I wish I could drive over for that but I'm already signed up to drive my Champ truck to Greenfield Village for Motor Muster. Please keep posting these opportunities. I'm bummed this is so close to me and I can't make it. Shoot us an update when you can.
      Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
      1964 Daytona Hardtop
      1962 Champ Truck
      1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Hope they both do well. My car's on the hoist next door while the boys figure out how to install Jim Turner's brake kit. Looking forward to some video of your event.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I was just at Martin with my car last weekend, and talked to a lot of guys. A couple of them mentioned to me the red Studebaker that runs in the F.A.S.T. event. Regular Chevy guy types take note of this car and what it can do. The efforts that Ted and rest of the Studebaker community make for the Pure Stock and F.A.S.T. races DO get the word out about Studebaker performance. Go Ted.

I'll add that US131 motorsports park is a top notch facility. I hate to see how lightly attended some of these events are. I couldn't believe how sparse the crowd was for the super chevy event. Back in the 80s/90s these were mob scenes. Support your local track - Go see some races this weekend.

Comment

I would love to be there, but no chance. We don't even have a track in this area.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

You have 3 at least, according to the internet,, Prescott is close to Hope Ar, Newport is close to Searcy, Centerville is close to Dardanelle & Russellville. And one at Paragould Ar George Ray's wild cat Hot Rod DragStrip.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

What an interesting day this has been.

I have been building hot-rod Larks for many years (too many?) and only just heard about the racingstudebakers.com page this afternoon. Actually came across a reference to it twice! I will be watching the forums and "whats happening" columns to see about scheduling in some race events in the future. It will be nice to meet some of the folks that I have only been reading about over the years.

I still need to do a LOT of cleanup work on my R2 Avanti (no true Larks left in the garage) before I will be comfortable heading out on the road with it, so maybe not for a couple of years, yet.

Keep these posts coming! They are great stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                  You have 3 at least, according to the internet,, Prescott is close to Hope Ar, Newport is close to Searcy, Centerville is close to Dardanelle & Russellville. And one at Paragould Ar George Ray's wild cat Hot Rod DragStrip.
                  I guess close is relative. I didn't even know about the track in Newport.
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

How did the drags go? Any video?

Comment

Originally posted by allstudedude View Post
                      How did the drags go? Any video?
                      No videos, Phil, but there's a report with photos posted in another thread. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                      X