Doctor has me grounded so I'm searching for parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor has me grounded so I'm searching for parts

This past Friday, I went to my dermatologist for my yearly scan. I have had issues with a spot on my nose for a couple of years and she really went after it this time. After it was over, I attempted to go out and get some things done. As I started working and sweating, I noticed my nose felt a little different. I went to the mirror and was shocked. My nose was swollen, larger that I have ever seen it. I called the doctor and went back in to see her. She drained the wound and sent me home with orders to stay cool, out of the heat and don't sweat. It is pretty ugly.
    Anyway, now that I'm grounded to the couch, I have my parts catalogs in hand and am looking for some small parts.
    Part # 285192 and 291874, spring and retainer for headlamp buckets.

Part # 525809, door lock retainers.

I should have a bunch of these parts but I have either misplaced them or they disappeared. I checked Studebaker International online, but they don't show anything. I should probably call them directly and see if they have them.

I appreciate any help.
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Get Well Buddy............
    Jack White
    Charlotte,NC
    North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

The last time I looked for something at SI's online site - something I KNEW they had - it just kept coming up unavailable.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Right-O. Never assume Studebaker International doesn't have a part just because it is not in their catalog. Let's face it, if they had only three of an item with little or no chance of getting additional ones or having it reproduced, why take the catalog space to list it?

Be sure to call them with specific part numbers before assuming they don't have it (them). BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hope you recover soon, Jamie!

It's good that you are gathering parts, so that you can hit the ground running when you are up to it.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

nose pic ?

Comment

I had better be ready to get back to work soon, like tomorrow. The past twelve months have been a whirlwind being so far behind at work, clocking 60 plus hours a week and trying to complete too many projects in too little time. I do see some light at the end of the tunnel so I can start paying some attention to my own stuff. Thanks for the well wishes.
              Jamie McLeod
              Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
              1958 Commander "Christine"
              1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
              1955 Commander Sedan
              1964 Champ
              1960 Lark

Comment

Working...
              X