Parts needed 64 GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts needed 64 GT Hawk

Had nasty mishap with my GT yesterday am in need of a driver's side door and possibly a driver's side front fender . I'm not sure what other years fit, but I'm sure you guys know. Either post here or call me at 717-574-1529 or email to larkregal62@aol.com. Should be rust free as the rest of the car is. Thanks in advance -- Gordon BTW I am in central PA now for the summer

The closest fit besides '64 parts, will be 1962 & '63 GT Hawk.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich Wonder if Bob Peterson has any thing, or do you know of anyone else??--Should be covered by my Insurance. Gordon

Comment

I have a rust free door and fender that I will be picking up in Az the end of July.

Comment

Are they 64??? If so how much?? Will have to have them shipped to PA. Have you shipped before to this area?? Thanks, Gordon

Comment

Talk to your insurance appraiser first. If the door or fender is repairable, they may go that route. Having worked with Hagerty and Grundy, I have a few suppliers out west. They all ship.

Just letting you know because if something is damaged, the insurance appraiser isn't going to necessarily replace it. Do you have a copy of the estimate yet?
            Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

1964 Hawk

The 1963 and 1964 Hawk front fenders are unique to those two years.
              You can use the 1953-62 Hawk front fenders but you have to make a small
              change behind the front rilles that a good body man can do.
              New 1953-62 hawk front fenders run $3500.00 /pair from large vendors down to $2800.00 from what I saw at swap meets.
              The passenger side usually is a lot harder to find than the drivers side and have seen them at swap meets for $900.00 to 1300.00
              Driver side doors run $700.00 N.O.S and that is only the bare door without
              glass or vent windows.

I stock a lot of new sheet metal for postwar cars
              Robert Kapteyn
              studebaker@mac.com
              put Studebaker in the subject box
              otherwise it goes to "trash"

Comment

I have them but in California.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

What I will have is off a 62 but they are suppose to be rust free cars. I will be parting out most of the sheet metal parts as I need the body shells. I would strip the paint off both parts and check for rust and take picture as proof, fix any body damage and epoxy prime both parts . The fender would be $550. and the door $300. And crate to ship and take to shipper for you. Let me know Steve

Comment

Door is totally wasted- I was waxing front end in prep for orphan car tour. Car was on the hill next to my house and kicked out of park, drifted back. I was able to get into the car and stop it , but not before the open door caught my deck and steps and ripped off a portion of them too. Door is not salvagible but fender may be- body man due on Monday evening, and I will be calling American collectors on Monday AM. Bob-how much for the door, and do you have any idea of shipping cost. I will try to get pictures up, but have no idea how to post them here. I may be able to email them if someone else could post on the forum. Steve, sounds pretty good, unless I find something sooner. Thanks for all the input Gordon

Comment

Door shell, hinges and maybe some repair to the hinge pillar...

If I did this right, the Collision Guide for the '62-'63 should be attached. It'll work for '64.
                      Attached Files
                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

If all you need is a door you should be able to find one a lot closer to you I know Bary Hackney in Tex. should have one , he is on the forum here now and then, also in the club roster, try him.....Bob
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Gordon, please check your PMs.

Comment

Man Gordon, that hurts. Glad you were not between the car and its target! Good luck with the repair.
                            Jim
                            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Gordon,
                              Wish someone had hit it rather than an isolated mishap. Their insurance could have paid for whatever the damage, including parts shipping. All the same, glad you were not in it, driving and injured!
                              Let's spread the word in the northeast and maybe we can get a door to Dover. Don't know if you will be attending or not (can't imagine not), but, there will be a couple hundred folks who know you who will see to it that good things come your way.
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X