Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture of 1965 Studebaker engine compartment needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of 1965 Studebaker engine compartment needed.

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a good factory picture of a 1965 Studebaker engine bay, specifically a V8 car. I'm trying to see where the battery positive and ground cables are routed and where the ground is mounted- head bolt or water pump bolt. Thanks in advance guys.

Nate

Sorry, I don't have access to a 'factory' photo.
    But I do have access to a '65 Cruiser~

Even after over 220,00 miles- this car hasn't been messed with too much. The positive cable routes along the fender, across the firewall and down to the starter. It can be seen behind/below the brake booster, and then pop out again behind the plug wires on the other side.

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks StudeDave! I see your Cruiser doesn't have the transistor ignition. I always thought it was interesting that some Studes had the washer bag and some have the plastic bottle. My Commander is an early 65 with the yellow valve covers, transitorized ignition, and a plastic bottle for washer fluid. I checked Fred Fox's article in the 1987 TW, but no factory pics there either. I mounted my ground cable where yours is, so thats good! Thanks

Nate

Comment

Yes, later cars had the red washer bag, suspended accelerator pedal and color-keyed steering wheel. Did you order the build sheet for your car?

Craig

Comment

I tried from the Studebaker National Museum, but they said it wasn't available. Didn't some of them get lost at one point? Wish I had it. My car was an early 65 with the V8 and automatic trans. Other than that, it had rubber floor mats, radio and clock delete, and dog dish hub caps. I added an original AM/FM Stude radio, clock, and carpet. My car has the earlier white steering wheel.

Comment

[QUOTE=Studebaker1965;849300]I tried from the Studebaker National Museum, but they said it wasn't available. Didn't some of them get lost at one point? Wish I had it.

Mine was unavailable also (1966) but they did find the delivery card which identified the first owner. I had them check the VIN numbesr before and after mine so at least I could find out the production date.
            sigpic
            55 President Deluxe
            64 Commander
            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker1965 View Post
              I tried from the Studebaker National Museum, but they said it wasn't available. Didn't some of them get lost at one point?
              Yes, some were 'lost', but found again. Bad part is they have to be sorted. I would keep trying, and reordering it every couple of months, and one fine day, it just might show up!!

What color is your car?

Craig

Comment

Bordeaux red. C513195 is the vin number if my memory is correct. I'm not at the shop right now! I will have to try again at the snm.

Comment

I bought some color slides from Tom Karkiewicz a few years back that I believe are factory shots of the engine compartment for '65. Some are of the engine alone. I need to scan them sometime soon and post them.

Comment

I'd love to see those slides! When you have time, post them on here! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker1965 View Post
                      I tried from the Studebaker National Museum, but they said it wasn't available. Didn't some of them get lost at one point? Wish I had it. My car was an early 65 with the V8 and automatic trans. Other than that, it had rubber floor mats, radio and clock delete, and dog dish hub caps. I added an original AM/FM Stude radio, clock, and carpet. My car has the earlier white steering wheel.
                      So that means that your Car is not a Daytona or Cruiser, just a standard Commander that came with Rubber Floor Mats.
                      Just as All Studes and Cars of the era except '55 Speedsters and Avantis, the Radio had to be ordered or added and paid for or you got none, not really a Delete same as the Clock, Heater, Side Mirror(s), Wheel Covers, White Walls, Tinted glass etc.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                      X